• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Vuelta a Burgos (13 -17 Aug)

Vuelta a Burgos is on. Livestream on the web site:

Since the intorduction of Picón Blanco, the stage to Lagunas de Neila has been softened to the point that this must be the only race whose climbs are either cat3 or HC :D

Stage 1: Burgos (Catedral) – Burgos (Mirador del Castillo). 162km

perfil_etapa1_2.jpg

Stage 2: Gumiel de Izán – Lerma. 155km
perfil_etapa2_2.jpg

Stage 3: Sargentes de La Lora – Picón Blanco (Espinosa de los Monteros). 150km
perfil_etapa3_2.jpg

Stage 4: Atapuerca – Ciudad Romana de Clunia. 174km
perfil_etapa4_2.jpg

Stage 5: Santo Domingo de Silos – Lagunas de Neila. 146km
perfil_etapa5_2.jpg

Last edited:
Not really worried about Carapaz at all, as luckyboy noted its his first race back and he is the type of guy who just get better and better throughout a race. He will be better at Neila for sure. Think this was in line with what I expected, even though it looks a big ugly at paper, but that was probably due to him answering all those attacks in the middle of the climb. Had he ridden it differently he obviously would have gotten a better result.
Pedrero was extremely strong today, but thats moost likely because he isnt doing La Vuelta. Looking at this schedule he did Sud and some racing in July as well after the Giro, so he is operating at 100% atm and most likely isnt selected. Valls crashed so he wont be there either, and Betancur is Betancur, so there should be room for Sepulveda who did well today.

You really don't think they will select Pedrero? I would be quite surprised if they don't.
Just think its a bit weird if they indeed planned to select him that he would ride those races between the Giro and the Vuelta, but of course, he has just proven himself to be so valuable that it might be hard not to. Especially now that Valls had that horrible crash and Betancur still cant climb properly (I think those two were pencilled in for the Vuelta originally).

TRENDING THREADS