• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Tour Colombia 2.1 - February 11-16

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Higuita vs Bernal for all the marbles tomorrow probably.
Yes, or maybe Carapaz can make it interesting too, though he's another 8 seconds behind Bernal. If Bernal can make up 50 seconds on Higuita tomorrow, I'll be blown away. Not sure the climb is hard enough to create the needed gaps, but we'll see. Of course, with bonus seconds, Bernal might not need to be a full 50 seconds ahead of Higuita at the finish.

Yes, or maybe Carapaz can make it interesting too, though he's another 8 seconds behind Bernal. If Bernal can make up 50 seconds on Higuita tomorrow, I'll be blown away. Not sure the climb is hard enough to create the needed gaps, but we'll see. Of course, with bonus seconds, Bernal might not need to be a full 50 seconds ahead of Higuita at the finish.
Gonna be typical Ineos mein climb shenanigans. Might not be the hardest you might as well add a 1/2% due to altitude.

Mostly just hard to rate Higuita vs the best climbers in the world. Hope he can hang on

Reactions: Sandisfan
I see your pint. However, we have to understant that putting a cat 1 at 3200 meters of altitude in February would be murder to some of the riders from other countries. So I kind of understand the organization.
I'm wondering if this race will have a weird effect on riders the next few months compared to the usual tune ups.

Anyway speed skating is on Dutch TV and they're all complaining about the altitude at 1400m which has me chuckling tremendously.

Not even Giro would downgrade 18k's up to +3200 meters.
The altitude difference makes it what it is here.

Haven't we already understood that categorization doesn't only depend on the physical characteristics of the ascent?
I mean, there's some jersey and stuff...
Depends on how much extra they rate it cause it's MTF. They made far harder climbs Cat 2, and they've made stuff like Sestriere cat 3 in the past.

But yeah this would be Cima Coppi logically.

Depends on how much extra they rate it cause it's MTF. They made far harder climbs Cat 2, and they've made stuff like Sestriere cat 3 in the past.

But yeah this would be Cima Coppi logically.
As I mentioned, depending on its place in the race, stage, cumulative meters of altitude, mountain competition, etc., etc.
If it was only about the physics, the UCI would've probably standardized it by now. I mean, we can make our internal standard if anyone's interested.

And a silly trivia... Since it's half a kilometer higher than the highest Italian pass - it must be a HC even there.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS