• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Tour Colombia 2.1 - February 11-16

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Count me among the group that doesn't like TTTs. I'm fine with adding other things that test a rider's skillset like a stage with cobbles but I just don't want the GC winner of a race determined because a rider happens to have teammates that are better TTers than another.

at this point i would like to point out that the greatest TDF in history is only so because the winner (on a very weak team) lost 50 seconds in the TTT and had to make that up on the last stage...

at this point i would like to point out that the greatest TDF in history is only so because the winner (on a very weak team) lost 50 seconds in the TTT and had to make that up on the last stage...

Noted.
And rejected!

What's the difference with omitting the TTT alltogether and just giving the GC guys from a weak team a time penalty? Because that's basically what a TTT is. "How dare you show up with a weak ass team! Bam, 2 minute penalty!"

PS: Please don't take offense from my semi-serious post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Doopie
The Cadel Evans factor!

I am sorry but I fail to understand what this is supposed to mean or how it is relevant to my question? References to "cuddles cuddler" are unnecessary, unhelpful and unwelcome too. No satisfactory answers so far to my question. This is when this forum disappoints me - closed minds. Posters who think they are funny when they are not.

The TdU might not have real mountains but it is more heavily supported by fans than many other races who get their own thread. The Tour Down Under is currently the highest-ranked professional road cycling race in the southern hemisphere by start list quality. If British races get their own thread why not TdU which is surely bigger than any current British week long stage race?

This thread wasn't started by a Colombian. The TdU deserves its own thread. Grouping it under "hot racing in Australia" does the race a disservice. It is disrespectful to Australian cycling. If I have time I'd try starting one myself but there does seem to be a bias here. I'll keep this in mind for 2021.

Last edited:
I am sorry but I fail to understand what this is supposed to mean or how it is relevant to my question? References to "cuddles cuddler" are unnecessary, unhelpful and unwelcome too. No satisfactory answers so far to my question. This is when this forum disappoints me - closed minds. Posters who think they are funny when they are not.

The TdU might not have real mountains but it is more heavily supported by fans than many other races who get their own thread. The Tour Down Under is currently the highest-ranked professional road cycling race in the southern hemisphere by start list quality. If British races get their own thread why not TdU which is surely bigger than any current British week long stage race?

This thread wasn't started by a Colombian. The TdU deserves its own thread. Grouping it under "hot racing in Australia" does the race a disservice. It is disrespectful to Australian cycling. If I have time I'd try starting one myself but there does seem to be a bias here. I'll keep this in mind for 2021.
This is a strange response. Sorry you took offense to the jokes made in here. At least it wasn't my intention.

What I can suggest is for you to create a new thread for the Tour Down Under next year. I would not mind at all. An I don't think is prohibited. I follow the Tour Down Under so I would enjoy it as well.

Reactions: Cookster15
This is a strange response. Sorry you took offense to the jokes made in here. At least it wasn't my intention.

What I can suggest is for you to create a new thread for the Tour Down Under next year. I would not mind at all. An I don't think is prohibited. I follow the Tour Down Under so I would enjoy it as well.

Apparently, he doesn't even know which month the race takes place in, so I don't know why it can bother him so much.

Thanks. I know you are a long time and reasonable poster this is why I remarked. Yes if I get time I will try to start a thread for TdU 2021.

TRENDING THREADS