• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Tour de France route rumors

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It was just a silly joke. Actually I don't get the whole cheese thing (like high priced cheese restaurants). I'm just totally not into it. But I remember my son during the last TdF: "I can't hear the word cheese anymore".

(I love football, too. Zidane is overrated, tough. :p)
Oh no, Zidane is definitely not overrated. One of the greatest, a magician!

Honestly, to me it felt like arrogance and ignorance. Like "Tour de France doesn't bow to corona, corona bows to Tour de France" mentality. He could simply have said, that they are working hard to get the show on the road, and are considering all options, even without crowds if all else fails, but that even that is no guarantee.

I think without crowds it is possible to hold the TDF, like i said in the dedicated corona threads. If they cut all the press people, and have riders do interviews over skype-ish solutions. Don't hold podium ceremonies, no starting ceremonies, reduce the crew each team can bring... If they test all the riders and crew and have them go into quarantine before and after the event. This line of thinking is what they should have been following. Not "We're the TDF, corona will move for us".

It would be just like the old days of the Chicken-Floyd-Vino era. Instead of waiting at the start of each stage to see who tested positive for drugs and was disqualified, we’ll wait til the next day to see who won’t start cause they tested positive for COVID-19.

It would be just like the old days of the Chicken-Floyd-Vino era. Instead of waiting at the start of each stage to see who tested positive for drugs and was disqualified, we’ll wait til the next day to see who won’t start cause they tested positive for COVID-19.

IMHO the Giro dates should be flexible. Anyone who tests positive for COVID at the Tour moves into a "Giro pot." The Giro starts once there are enough positives to make 5-rider teams.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueRoads