• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Donostiako Klasikoa - Clásica San Sebastián, Saturday 31st July (223.5 km)

Klasikoa_logo.png

Map:
nVasfZN.jpeg

Profile:
2X2ekAe.jpeg

Official start list: https://klasikoa.eus/en/equipos/

I don't think the others can stop Mollema doing a Mollema. Mollema can Mollema his way to win a la Mollema whenever he wants imo.

He can't, it's easy, just don't let him go. He cannot simply ride the best riders off his wheel. But often people let him go because there are some "favourites" behind who consider themselves the favourites while Mollema seems to be a "lesser rider" which doesn't deserve a reaction of a big favourite rightaway. :) And as soon as he's gone, it's pretty hard to get him back.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Johnny has a point, though, that none of the others can stop Mollema from doing a Mollema. The unstoppability (unstoppableness?) of the Mollema is also the heart of what is a Mollema.
Once a Mollema has manifested, it can not be stopped, for that is what a Mollema entails. That does not mean however, that conceiving a Mollema is a trivial thing that can be "ordered" on demand. The Mollema must first appear over the hill, weak and of little consequence. This process can take many months. Once the seed is sprouting in the minds of the opponents, only then can the Mollema manifest. The opponent, unsuspectingly, dismisses the Mollema, not aware it is in fact the Mollema he is dismissing.

I give weekly lectures on the Mollema. If you are interested, you can send me a PM.

Came over to Lizarte, but didn't get promoted to Movistar when he was ready to turn pro. Like people like Sérgio Samitier and Óscar Rodríguez, he went pro via the Murias Taldea team because Kern Pharma wasn't an option at that point, and when Euskaltel came on as sponsor he was kind of still there so kept on.

Wouldn't he always be eligible, because he has spent time on a Basque development team?

As I understand it that was a requirement for a non-Basque rider to be signed by the old Euskaltel team with Samu obviously being the prime example.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS