• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 10: L’Aquila – Foligno 139 km

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Sprint or breakaway?

• Sprint

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • Breakaway

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twice now, his leadout man (Consonni) has left him for dead, and looked by far the faster rider. Don't know if Vivianni's old difficulties with positioning have come back, combined with a lack of confidence? Whatever it is, pretending he's a tier 1, WT sprinter isn't working at the moment. Needs to go and win some smaller races for himself, and Cofidis, and build from there I think?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Twice now, his leadout man (Consonni) has left him for dead, and looked by far the faster rider. Don't know if Vivianni's old difficulties with positioning have come back, combined with a lack of confidence? Whatever it is, pretending he's a tier 1, WT sprinter isn't working at the moment. Needs to go and win some smaller races for himself, and Cofidis, and build from there I think?
Consonni has outperformed Viviani last year when they actually rode for him. He got a 3rd place at the Tour and a 4th place at the Giro, without the team riding for him on most stages.
I understand that you'd go for Viviani on the really flat stages, but Consonni not getting a chance to ride for himself on something like stage 3 is BS.

Some great banter between the 2 youngsters :tearsofjoy:

6ef52625-b73d-11eb-b07d-02b7b76bf47f.jpg

Congratulations to Peter Sagan for taking the stage win.

As for the duel. Likely neither is 100% sure on what exactly will happen in the high mountains. Such big effort invested for potential of gaining 3s today. All in all nice to see youngsters going after it in such way. Considering their respective roles, age and experience i fell that we didn't see the last of them fooling around on this race!

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS