• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 14: Cittadella – Monte Zoncolan 204 km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Clickety-Click!

• Voodoo Shark!

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • DROPPED!

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • ATTACK!

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Someone to fall over on the steepest part

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Two-races-in-one kind of day

Votes: 21 37.5%

• Total voters
Yeah... keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes: Let me remind you what happened back in 2013:

images
I think that’s the longest I’ve ever stared at a fog bank wondering who/what was going to emerge. We didn’t see a whole lot, but it did create a unique kind of drama!

Yeah... keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes: Let me remind you what happened back in 2013:

images
A lot of big passes scratched in that Giro; including the Giau cut from that stage.

If we’re doing the easier side of the Zonc it’s a shame not to use it as a pass and extend the finale. Take the road up from Comeglians as far as Ravascletto or something like that.

Reactions: Sandisfan
A lot of big passes scratched in that Giro; including the Giau cut from that stage.

If we’re doing the easier side of the Zonc it’s a shame not to use it as a pass and extend the finale. Take the road up from Comeglians as far as Ravascletto or something like that.
The steep part of the Zoncolan in a descent would be really risky, those narrow tunnels near the top are pretty unsave downhill, you can't really use that descent.
The easier side on the other hand isn't a dangerous descent, the lack of cars is the only problem, but an ambulance could wait at the ski station after the first 3km of the descent.

may i want the priola side insted of this?
I've heard the road was destroyed (like the Sottoguda in FEDAIA!!11) during those storms in fall 2018 and even before that it was in a horrid condition. Because is a very secondary road i don't expect it to be resurfaced anytime soon. I think Giro lost its chance in 2011 when maybe Priola side up to the altiport and descent back to Sutrio on a wide road was more possible instead of Crostis.

• Wow
I was hoping for a Carthy/Yates attack to try and dislodge Caruso from the podium. But no chance in this weather for Yates. It will be another day of hanging on for him at best I fear.

I expected Bardet to attack anyway to try and move into the top ten. But he might not need to, and could simply survive the conditions better than most to progress

• Wow