• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 2: Stupinigi - Novara 179km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which sprinter will start off his Giro the best?

• Caleb Ewan

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • Tim Merlier

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Dylan Groenewegen

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Elia Viviani

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fernando Gaviria

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Giacomo Nizzolo

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • David Dekker

• Matteo Moschetti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think it's fair to call Keisse hypocritical for saying that GC teams should not interfere with the bunch sprints at the end of the stage. This is a very different situation as this sprint was made for the GC guys in particular. It's not really comparable.
If this sprint had given points as well it would have been murkier.

Edit: But it's definitely a bit funny. And of course Keisse will be hypocritical by the end because he will be keeping Evenepoel at the front. So perhaps you all meant to say that and I only saw it just now lmao.

I don't think it's fair to call Keisse hypocritical for saying that GC teams should not interfere with the bunch sprints at the end of the stage. This is a very different situation as this sprint was made for the GC guys in particular. It's not really comparable.
I wasn't calling him hypocritical. Just saying we were going to see if and how hypocritical he was, but it seems not so much. I wasn't talking about the sprint at 25km.

Reactions: Panda Claws

Edit: But it's definitely a bit funny. And of course Keisse will be hypocritical by the end because he will be keeping Evenepoel at the front. So perhaps you all meant to say that and I only saw it just now lmao.

Even if points were also given, if the GC guys can gain time, they should take the time in the sprints

TRENDING THREADS