• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 2: Stupinigi - Novara 179km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Which sprinter will start off his Giro the best?

• Caleb Ewan

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • Tim Merlier

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Dylan Groenewegen

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Peter Sagan

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Elia Viviani

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Fernando Gaviria

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Giacomo Nizzolo

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • David Dekker

• Matteo Moschetti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know if it's ok to resurrect the memorial thread, but 10 years ago today Wouter Weylandt died. RIP

giro4covbis.jpg

livegiro.jpg

I remember it as one of the most horrifying events in sports that I ever witnessed. His funeral was at the Saint Peters Church in Ghent. Because my University at the time was 200 metres away, I skipped class and went to the square. The ceremony was on big screens and lots of cycling royalty and sport fans were attending. I'll never forget those two days.

The guy had a very charismatic smile and his wins in the Giro and Vuelta made me happy.

#WWspecial #108persempre

0GsXYHS.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, but Albanese would be one of the team's best options tomorrow, so seeing him in the breakaway today is a bit random.

Ya, he's a decent sprinter so was surprised, but he took the KOM jersey for a few stages in Tirreno so guessing he might be going for that in the early stages again here. Surprised they didn't sent two riders into it really considering it wasn't difficult to make the break.

TRENDING THREADS