• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21: Senago – Milano 30.3 km ITT

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Ganna?

• 0.1 - 10 seconds

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 10.1 - 20 seconds

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 20.1 - 30 seconds

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • 30.1 - 40 seconds

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • 40.1 - 50 seconds

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 50.1 - 60 seconds

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Over a minute

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No! (Who? - name in your reply)

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
Yeah I remember all the other riders in the past few decades who have 2 GT wins before the age of 24.

I'm sure he would've lost a lot of time to the guys who trailed in miles behind him on Giau lol.. What a great argument

I mean GT winning isn't the only thing that makes a good rider and they didn't clarify it as one of the best GT riders we've seen in decades.

In the last 10-20 years I'm not sure you can easily say Bernal is better than Pogacar, Sagan, Ala, WVA, VDP, Froome, Roglic, Contador, Nibali, Valverde, Boonen, Cancellara etc

I mean GT winning isn't the only thing that makes a good rider and they didn't clarify it as one of the best GT riders we've seen in decades.

In the last 10-20 years I'm not sure you can easily say Bernal is better than Pogacar, Sagan, Ala, WVA, VDP, Froome, Roglic, Contador, Nibali, Valverde, Boknen, Cancellara etc
The argument for Bernal is his age,

Then you look at Pogacar and just say"oops"

Reactions: SHAD0W93

In the last 10-20 years I'm not sure you can easily say Bernal is better than Pogacar, Sagan, Ala, WVA, VDP, Froome, Roglic, Contador, Nibali, Valverde, Boonen, Cancellara etc
Definitely above Ala, Rogla and WVA on current palmarès. Current palmarès also has him above Tadej and VDP but they've also got the best chances of the above to rectify that.

The argument for Bernal is his age,

Then you look at Pogacar and just say"oops"
I think Bernal can still be one of the biggest talents even if Pogacar is even bigger. Something that we will find out eventually.

My main problem is that they said 'riders' instead of 'talents' and I can get past that because else we are just taking everything far too literally. I'm pretty sure that the Eurosport guys would clarify they meant talents when asked. Their job to be hype.

Congratulations to Bernal, happy for him, dominated when on top and kept control when things started slipping at the end.

(Still suspect there was an underlying back issue that was being managed in the last few stages, given the way he was walking, perhaps it'll come out at some point)

Reactions: limak_

TRENDING THREADS