• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 21: Senago – Milano 30.3 km ITT

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Ganna?

• 0.1 - 10 seconds

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • 10.1 - 20 seconds

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • 20.1 - 30 seconds

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • 30.1 - 40 seconds

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • 40.1 - 50 seconds

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 50.1 - 60 seconds

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Over a minute

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • No! (Who? - name in your reply)

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
Why would anyone be waiting for my post

I mean GT winning isn't the only thing that makes a good rider and they didn't clarify it as one of the best GT riders we've seen in decades.

In the last 10-20 years I'm not sure you can easily say Bernal is better than Pogacar, Sagan, Ala, WVA, VDP, Froome, Roglic, Contador, Nibali, Valverde, Boonen, Cancellara etc

You have my vote to become a New Moderator.

Last edited:
Extremely pleased for Egan , a nice, humble kid, who never ever badmouths anything and who is highly respectful of all riders.

To the special bunch here, you know who you are (logic(in his new alter ego), topt,red rick, titan31, etc) by all means keep doing what you have been doing, here and in your life, it makes for an....interesting view.

Goodbye until this year's vuelta. I think the amount of 'copium' would reach the moon by then.

• Love
Reactions: Anybody_but..
Definitely above Ala, Rogla and WVA on current palmarès. Current palmarès also has him above Tadej and VDP but they've also got the best chances of the above to rectify that.

I wouldn't say he's above Roglic at all unless you're counting the Tour GC win hugely.

Roglic has 11 GC stage wins (which is ridiculous for a non sprinter tbh), loads of week long stages, LBL and 2 Vueltas.

Ala and WVA are a bit different just due to the races they target but the likes of winning MSR,Strade, AGR, WCs etc are worth a lot imo

Congrats to Bernal anyway. I wish we could have seen Landa in this race as I really do think he'd have done something spectacular here (bad or good, he's always entertaining anyway). I'd still think even with Ineos team strength, you avoid Roglic and Pogacar with him. He won't beat them. Anyone who wants a GT should avoid them really.

I wouldn't say he's above Roglic at all unless you're counting the Tour GC win hugely.

Roglic has 11 GC stage wins (which is ridiculous for a non sprinter tbh), loads of week long stages, LBL and 2 Vueltas.

Ala and WVA are a bit different just due to the races they target but the likes of winning MSR,Strade, AGR, WCs etc are worth a lot imo
Tour GC win + Giro GC win are both worth more than any one day race. Including Ala's rainbow bands. WVA's road palmarès isn't comparable to Egan's, but if you include the 'cross there's a much more convincing argument in his favour.

Remember Bernal also has Suisse and Paris-Nice as well as some other minor one-week races like Colombia Oro y Paz and California too, which balances out much of the lesser stage races because Tour > Giro > Vuelta in value. Rogla having LBL is probably the better argument in his favour and I think they're fairly comparable. I hesitated on including Rogla in that post, to be honest.

Reactions: Pricey_sky
Tour GC win + Giro GC win are both worth more than any one day race. Including Ala's rainbow bands. WVA's road palmarès isn't comparable to Egan's, but if you include the 'cross there's a much more convincing argument in his favour.

Remember Bernal also has Suisse and Paris-Nice as well as some other minor one-week races like Colombia Oro y Paz and California too, which balances out much of the lesser stage races because Tour > Giro > Vuelta in value. Rogla having LBL is probably the better argument in his favour and I think they're fairly comparable. I hesitated on including Rogla in that post, to be honest.

Ya, I'd just go with that whilst Bernals major 2 wins are better, Roglic had a stupid quantity of victories which makes him above imo.

Reactions: Eeslliw and Carols
Congrats to Bernal on a deserved Giro victory. It's his second GT and he's still only 24. The future is looking bright.
Also congrats to Caruso and Yates on podium places. The former ended up just 1.5 minutes behind Bernal - who would have thought 5 days ago that the gap would be so small?
Almeida should be angry at himself that he screwed up Sestola - the fight for podium would be more interesting.

TRENDING THREADS