• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia Stage 3: Biella - Canale 190 KM

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I dont like this misjudged breakaway wins in sprint stages but Taco deserves it. Great effort and great win.

I have a hunger for taco now. I have no ingredients for it or taco restaurant nearby :mad:
Where do you live?

I went to Salzburg a couple of years ago and they had this Mexican restaurant near the center of town. They were serving gourmet tacos!. That's right, gourmet tacos. LOL. I saw these Austrians eating tacos like if they were eating caviar. My wife was ecstatic. How can there possibly be such a thing as gourmet tacos??? you can find them even in the gas stations in Texas!

Enough for diversity moment!! :tearsofjoy:

Where do you live?

I went to Salzburg a couple of years ago and they had this Mexican restaurant near the center of town. They were serving gourmet tacos!. That's right, gourmet tacos. LOL. I saw these Austrians eating tacos like if they were eating caviar. My wife was ecstatic. How can there possibly be such a thing as gourmet tacos??? you can find them even in the gas stations in Texas!

Yeah, “taco” and “gourmet” aren’t usually found in the same sentence. Although the “Indian” tacos Ive had a couple of times on reservations—served on hot fry bread instead of a taco shell—are truly amazing ;)

I can understand most of the work they did today, but at one point I think they should have refused further work (after the last harder climb at least), and let the other teams do some as well. This way, them working all day practically from start to finish alone (apart from Alpecin), the other teams just don't feel responsible at all. Of course Sagan was the over-favourite, but the finish showed he was not head and shoulders above everyone in the (depleted) sprint.
The other teams are used to follow Lotto and DQS lead and send one or two guys up to chase, but Ewan was not there and DQS didn't even have a sprinter. They don't know what to do when the responsibility falls on them.

Where do you live?

View: https://m.facebook.com/AKsMercadoWW/videos/468474247034236/

View: https://m.facebook.com/AKsMercadoWW/videos/841990049602124/

Reactions: Escarabajo
The other teams are used to follow Lotto and DQS lead and send one or two guys up to chase, but Ewan was not there and DQS didn't even have a sprinter. They don't know what to do when the responsibility falls on them.
They know what to do but were simply too passive/cowardly to commit to the chase and give their fast finisher the opportunity to duke it out for the stage win.

Even 5km of help from one ISN and one Cofidis domestique would have reeled in Taco.

Great to see a breakaway hold on, plus the attack from Gallopin and a struggling peloton - with 5km to go there were three groups challenging for victory. That should be the template for course design for a fair proportion of 'sprint' stages instead of the flat, wide open roads.

Of course, it was all reliant on Taco keeping some strength and the sprint teams making a 24 carat balls up of it all. Lovely. :)

Reactions: jmdirt
Where do you live?

Well in central Slovakia. I think there is only one mexican restaurant in two nearest counties. So one restaurant for 170 000 citizens :eek: and almost 30 km away from my home :tearsofjoy: I live in small village of 1300 citizens. I can buy here onion, tomatos, meat, lime or lemon, avocado sometimes but no coriander and definitely no tortillas :sweatsmile:. We have pizzeria here though. Shame that Taco is not known as Calzone Van der Hooorn. :D

GC:
1GANNA Filippo8:51:26
2FOSS Tobias0:16
3EVENEPOEL Remco0:20
4ALMEIDA João,,
5CAVAGNA Rémi0:21

Young Rider classification:
1GANNA Filippo8:51:26
2FOSS Tobias0:16
3EVENEPOEL Remco0:20
4ALMEIDA João,,
5VLASOV Aleksandr0:27

So does Cavagna get to wear a grey jersey as the leading old man (well, 25yo +) in the race?
(although I should have made that quip yesterday, the top 5 were all white jersey eligible then)

Reactions: SafeBet and jmdirt

TRENDING THREADS