• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 6: Grotte di Frasassi – Ascoli Piceno (S.Giacomo) 160 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

When will RedheadDane figure out how to make a poll?

• Before stage 5

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Before the end of the Giro

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Before the end of the year

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Never

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters
Cepeda and De Gent from the break are good bets.
Even though every PODCAST I listen think that Ineos will play defensively until stage 11, I think Egan will try to test the waters again. He knows that this week could be on his advantage and third week could be in disadvantage if Remco starts to gain strength. I would not waste any opportunities like Contador have said on Eurosport.

I fully support the new nickname for Champenis.

As for Remco, all he has to do is follow here. It's up to the others to drop him, not the other way around. If he feels they can't drop him, and he's feeling frivolous, maybe then he could try to ride them off his wheel, but i think it's still a bit too soon for that.
Remco trying to drop Bernal on a climb???

You are funny!!!

You are full offffffffffffffff Rrrrreeeemmmcccoooo!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Remco trying to drop Bernal on a climb???

You are funny!!!

You are full offffffffffffffff Rrrrreeeemmmcccoooo!!!
Thank you. I am funny. But probably not for the reason you think.

Did you read what i wrote, and did you read posts on the previous page? My post was in response to the people expecting Remco to attack. First of all i said if he doesn't get dropped. And then i said it would probably be too soon to expect that. Also i guess you must have had some existential crisis when van Aert dropped Bernal in the Tour and in the Tirreno?

Did you read what i wrote, and did you read posts on the previous page? My post was in response to the people expecting Remco to attack. First of all i said if he doesn't get dropped. And then i said it would probably be too soon to expect that. Also i guess you must have had some existential crisis when van Aert dropped Bernal in the Tour and in the Tirreno?

Remco will attack on Forca di Gualdo and drop everyone bar Ponomar by minutes. It is known.

Remco boy doesn't get dropped??

So, what happened yesterday???

He couldn't follow Landa, Bernal, Vlasov.

He got dropped, and so did Yates.

Are you talking about a Bernal with back pain???

Logic is not your friend.

Delusion is your realm.

Talk to me tomorrow, and only if Remco was able to drop Bernal.

Don't drink and write.

• Haha
Remco boy doesn't get dropped??

So, what happened yesterday???

He couldn't follow Landa, Bernal, Vlasov.

He got dropped, and so did Yates.

Are you talking about a Bernal with back pain???

Logic is not your friend.

Delusion is your realm.

Talk to me tomorrow, and only if Remco was able to drop Bernal.

Don't drink and write.
Don't drink and write. That's basically the only reasonable thing you said.

Where did i say Remco doesn't get dropped? Learn to read or follow your own advice regarding drinking and writing. Do you know what "if" means? And "doesn't"?
Did Bernal announce he had backpain and wouldn't be able to follow before the Tour and before the Tirreno? No? Then why would he have done it now?

A De Marchi prediction. He'll keep up with the GC guys (8-10? guys up to this point) up to couple hundred meters off the finish. He may be in pink up to the Dolomiti stage or even Sega di Ala.
I think his best bet to retain the pink jersey is going in the break. I don't see him in the lead if he stays in the peloton. He'll definitely lose 1min40 to the GC contenders.

Where did i say Remco doesn't get dropped? Learn to read or follow your own advice regarding drinking and writing. Do you know what "if" means? And "doesn't"?
Did Bernal announce he had backpain and wouldn't be able to follow before the Tour and before the Tirreno? No? Then why would he have done it now?
Logic is not your friend fella.

Bernal didn't have to say he had this or that, it was crystal clear for anyone with a logical mind that there was something wrong with him, after the way he decimated the field in the prior Tour.

But then, who says you have a logical mind? Yes, you, of course, but it's not logical is delusional.

Did you say Remco doesn't get dropped??

You said if he doesn't get dropped, you know deep down he's gona get dropped like a stone, he already got dropped, and in between now and Milan he's gonna get dropped quite a few times and lose minutes.

If you think you can say "if he doesn't get dropped" when there are mtf like Zoncolan, talk to me after Zoncolan.

Zoncolan will see him losing over a minute to the big guys.

Breakway possibilities

* Mollema, Mader, Champenision
** Jørgensen, Guerrero, Ulissi, Gallopin Valls, Reicnhenbach, Carr
**Frankiny, Aellioti.

Betting possibilities, that are probably worth taking a chance on.
Badillati 251/1
Sepuvuelda, 351/1
Tejada 251/1
Frankiny 200/1
Warbasse 200/1

I am betting a bit on Valls as well at 151/1. Bahrain are gonna go for the stage. Mader is probably a good bet as well.
Please rate GC candidates as well.

Logic is not your friend fella.

Bernal didn't have to say he had this or that, it was crystal clear for anyone with a logical mind that there was something wrong with him, after the way he decimated the field in the prior Tour.

But then, who says you have a logical mind? Yes, you, of course, but it's not logical is delusional.

Did you say Remco doesn't get dropped??

You said if he doesn't get dropped, you know deep down he's gona get dropped like a stone, he already got dropped, and in between now and Milan he's gonna get dropped quite a few times and lose minutes.

If you think you can say "if he doesn't get dropped" when there are mtf like Zoncolan, talk to me after Zoncolan.

Zoncolan will see him losing over a minute to the big guys.
So you knew Bernal was going to get dropped at Tirreno days before he got dropped? That's what you mean. Because the logic you are insinuating is not my friend, but in fact your friend, would otherwise not add up. It doesn't take a psychic to see something is wrong with the former TDF winner AFTER he gets dropped by 20 guys. A child could see that things don't add up. And if you couldn't tell it was going to happen before it happened at Tireno, what makes you so sure you could tell at the Giro, if it were to happen again, until it happens?

To be clear, i'm not saying Bernal is going to get dropped any more than i am claiming Evenepoel isn't going to get dropped. But i assume this is getting a bit too abstract for your capacity and maybe you should head back to Wielerflits.

I dunno - if writers followed this advice, the literary canon* would be decimated. All the early 1900s novelists (Joyce, Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Kerouac, etc.) - gone!

*Western, male - can't speak to the rest, being a product of my upbringing :)

Last edited:
Cepeda and De Gent from the break are good bets.
Even though every PODCAST I listen think that Ineos will play defensively until stage 11, I think Egan will try to test the waters again. He knows that this week could be on his advantage and third week could be in disadvantage if Remco starts to gain strength. I would not waste any opportunities like Contador have said on Eurosport.

And there are two factors for Egan - his back pain presumably gets worse, or appears at all, later in the race, so it is possible that he should act now, and his team is now looking kind of weak for the big mountains but should be fine for this stage, so it is possible that he should act now.

A De Marchi prediction. He'll keep up with the GC guys (8-10? guys up to this point) up to couple hundred meters off the finish. He may be in pink up to the Dolomiti stage or even Sega di Ala.

I agree, this doesn't look like a very selective MTF to me either. First thought was even "Ulissi to win", to be honest - but it's probably a bit too long for him indeed, and a breakaway more likely to take it anyway

It certainly does look like a breakaway stage. Some obvious candidates could be Brambilla, Mollema, Grossschartner, Fabbro, Cepeda, Vanhoucke, Reichenbach, Molard, and Mäder if ISN lets him go, which probably isn't very likely, since wearing the Maglia Rosa is huge for them.

TRENDING THREADS