• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 rider schedules

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Alaphillippe will start his season in the Tour de la Provence and he should ride the Omloop. His schedule afterwards is still unclear. His hand is still recovering from his fall in the Ronde. He can't sprint yet with it but he hopes everything will be ok before the cobbles start.

Also, the Giro team for DQS is more or less complete. If everything goes to plan this should be their team in the Giro:

Evenepoel, Serry, Keisse, Knox, Cattaneo, Bagioli and Masnada. The eighth rider is yet to be determined but it's possible it will be Almeida (who will debut in the Vuelta).

• Wow
Reactions: AGM22 and Sandisfan
Alaphillippe will start his season in the Tour de la Provence and he should ride the Omloop. His schedule afterwards is still unclear. His hand is still recovering from his fall in the Ronde. He can't sprint yet with it but he hopes everything will be ok before the cobbles start.

Also, the Giro team for DQS is more or less complete. If everything goes to plan this should be their team in the Giro:

Evenepoel, Serry, Keisse, Knox, Cattaneo, Bagioli and Masnada. The eighth rider is yet to be determined but it's possible it will be Almeida (who will debut in the Vuelta).
Well, if Evenepoel is still not recovered, they will have to change their plan a bit. Although they could just switch the leader role for the giro (like this year) to Almeida.
For the tour another time with Bennett and Alaphilippe as leaders? For Alaphillippe the decicion between the tour and the olympics is a taff one...

Reactions: Sandisfan

It seems like Almeida will be aiming at the Vuelta:

João Almeida aponta à Volta a Espanha

I doubt they will have a 22 year old riding 2 grand tours in the same year so I don't think he will be at the Giro. He also says that what he did at the Giro was good but has to be left behind, so i guess that hints that he won't be at the Giro.

Probably something like:
Algarve
PN or TA
VaPV
Ardennes
Rest or Romandie and then rest
Burgos
Vuelta
Worlds
October Classics

It seems like Almeida will be aiming at the Vuelta:

João Almeida aponta à Volta a Espanha

I doubt they will have a 22 year old riding 2 grand tours in the same year so I don't think he will be at the Giro. He also says that what he did at the Giro was good but has to be left behind, so i guess that hints that he won't be at the Giro.

Probably something like:
Algarve
PN or TA
VaPV
Ardennes
Rest or Romandie and then rest
Burgos
Vuelta
Worlds
October Classics
I think the Vuelta is a good target for him. He took his chance at last years giro, so he deserves a chance as leader in 2021.
Evenepoel´s (non-) recovery could change this plan perhaps a bit a think. If Evenepoel is not ready for the giro, but ready a few month later. It would make sense perhaps to switch the roles from Almeida to giro and Evenepoel to vuelta?

First big goal for Gaudu will be Paris-Nice:
"I passed a milestone last year and I want to start with this dynamic again."

He will probably have Madouas, Molard, Armirail and Guglielm on his side. The team presentation will take place on tuesday, so we will learn more about their captains' schedule by then.

First big goal for Gaudu will be Paris-Nice:
"I passed a milestone last year and I want to start with this dynamic again."

He will probably have Madouas, Molard, Armirail and Guglielm on his side. The team presentation will take place on tuesday, so we will learn more about their captains' schedule by then.
I am also interested in their approach for this year.
Demare had a very good season, so he deserves another chance at the tour.
Pinot had a season to forget and the tour course is not that good for him..
So perhaps:
Pinot: Giro
Tour: Demare and Gaudu this year?

Reactions: hayneplane
With more and more riders targeting the Giro this year, the Tour looks to become a battle purely between Jumbo and UAE. I wonder whether it will be the fight for green which will make the Tour interesting in the first place and whether Wout will actually, seriously, well... win the whole thing.

I am also interested in their approach for this year.
Demare had a very good season, so he deserves another chance at the tour.
Pinot had a season to forget and the tour course is not that good for him..
So perhaps:
Pinot: Giro
Tour: Demare and Gaudu this year?
That would be good for all 3 as Demare and Gaudu deserve the chance to get their own chances at the Tour and it gives Pinot a chance to take a shot at a Grand Tour with less external pressure.

With more and more riders targeting the Giro this year, the Tour looks to become a battle purely between Jumbo and UAE. I wonder whether it will be the fight for green which will make the Tour interesting in the first place and whether Wout will actually, seriously, well... win the whole thing.
It´s true that there are more contenders then last year who want to target the giro.
For the tour I think at least Ineos will also play a major role.. their team is so strong, they have about 15 riders who could all finish in the top10..
I´m also curious what Froome can do..

SO UAE:

Giro d'Italia: Davide Formolo, Brandon McNulty, Fernando Gaviria
Tour de France: Tadej Pogacar, Marc Hirschi, Alexander Kristoff
Vuelta a Espana: Tadej Pogacar, Matteo Trentin, David De la Cruz

If I´m not wrong, we are still missing targets from
Ineos
Jumbo
Sunweb
Education First

Anyone heard something?

SO UAE:

Giro d'Italia: Davide Formolo, Brandon McNulty, Fernando Gaviria
Tour de France: Tadej Pogacar, Marc Hirschi, Alexander Kristoff
Vuelta a Espana: Tadej Pogacar, Matteo Trentin, David De la Cruz

If I´m not wrong, we are still missing targets from
Ineos
Jumbo
Sunweb
Education First

Anyone heard something?
Jumbo-Visma for the Tour:
  • Roglic
  • Dumoulin
  • Kruijswijk
  • Kuss
  • Van Aert
  • Teunissen
  • Gesink
  • T. Martin

Jumbo-Visma for the Tour:
  • Roglic
  • Dumoulin
  • Kruijswijk
  • Kuss
  • Van Aert
  • Teunissen
  • Gesink
  • T. Martin
So Jumbo another time all in for the tour...
They should´t make the same mistake as last year, where they didn't take advantage of their superior numbers. I hope, that they will try more creative tactics to beat Pogacar this year, so that we will not see another boring train race..
Should be possible with this team.

TRENDING THREADS