• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Tour de France - STAGE AND JERSEYS - Predictions Challenge - (STILL OPEN FOR LATE ENTRIES)

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hopefully not too late but expecting null points, anyway!
1. Sagan
2. DQ
3.Ala
4. Ewan
5.Ala
6.Pinot
7. Groenewegen
8. Ala
9. Sagan
10. Groenewegen
11. Viviani
12. De Gendt
13. Tony Martin
14. Uran
15. Fuglsang
16. Groenewegen
17. Sagan
18. L. L. Sanchez
19. Valverde
20. Nibali
21 EBH ( oops,) hope that edit ok!

Re:

sprints n stones said:
Hopefully not too late but expecting null points, anyway!
1. Sagan
2. DQ
3.Ala
4. Ewan
5.Ala
6.Pinot
7. Groenewegen
8. Ala
9. Sagan
10. Groenewegen
11. Viviani
12. De Gendt
13. Tony Martin
14. Uran
15. Fuglsang
16. Groenewegen
17. Sagan
18. L. L. Sanchez
19. Valverde
20. Nibali
30. EBH
Are you imagining that Edvald will take a swing back to the Alps and do another 8 stages on his own before returning to Champs Elysses on stage 30? :)

Re: Re:

Broccolidwarf said:
sprints n stones said:
As no-one predicted the winner, how about giving the point or half a point to those that picked the second. If the Tour carries on like this the forum could all end up with zero at the end :-((

As in all sport, only winning counts, sorry mate :cool:

What about a point for a prediction where the rider in question obviously would have won if he hadn't been blocked? ;)

Re:

sprints n stones said:
As no-one predicted the winner, how about giving the point or half a point to those that picked the second. If the Tour carries on like this the forum could all end up with zero at the end :-((
Welcome to CN :D ! Every poll is like that: we $uck :D . But don't worry: at least someone will score one point :D .

Re:

tobydawq said:
It seems like seven different teams have been picked for today. Bahrain or CCC are our best chances to still all be at zero points.

With peoples obsession with creating a game nobody wins, maybe we should do a "least likely stage winners" competition, where you lose by guessing right? :p

It would have to not be too easy though, maybe you can only pick sprinters on flat stages, etc. :geek:

DISCLAIMER: This is not me taking part of the Challenge - obviously, as it's after noon yesterday - it's just me picking a bunch of names completely randomly, to see how many how those could possibly be right!

2: CCC
3: Haga
4: Oursellin
5: Juul-Jensen
6: Aru
7: Valverde
8: Ciccone
9: A. De Gendt
10: Groenewegen
11: Kämna
12: Sagan
13: Fuglsang
14: Geschke
15: Cort
16: G. Martin
17: Goncalves
18: Delaplace
19: Henao
20: Würtz Schmidt
21: Pinot

Yeah, some of these are… very unlikely… :p :lol:

tobydawq said:
Anderis said:
How did you ensure the complete randomness?

At least some people correctly predicted Jumbo to win today so the thread won't end up with 0 correct guesses. :)

I'm also a bit sceptical regarding that claim.

I used the very non-scientific method of... closing my eyes and scrolling up and down the start list. So, maybe not "completely random" in the scientific/statistical sense, but in the "I definitely didn't use any kind of knowledge!"
I can, however, use my - limited knowledge to say that there are several of these I'm pretty sure will not come true!

TRENDING THREADS