• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Tour de Pologne, 9th to 15th August

It's time for the race that last year was the first WT stage race after the lock-down. A race that for the last few editions have been overshadowed by tragedy and near-tragedy. However, the weirdly-supersticious people out there might be glad to notice that there'll obviously be no stages on August 5th, as that day just seems cursed for this race. Also, that finish had been scrapped, and instead they'll have a ITT in Katowice. They have also decided to use the new Boplan barriers introduced at the Classics.

Tour de Pologne enlists Boplan barriers to improve safety | Cyclingnews

Defending champion, Evenepoel, won't be back to defend his title, as he's heading further north-west, instead it's up to João Almeida to defend the Quick-Step colours, oh yeah... and some Colombian sprinter :p. Other big names include Fernando Gaviria, Michal Kwiatkowski, John Degenkolb, Amanuel Ghebreigzabhier...

Preliminary startlist:

Startlist for Tour de Pologne 2021 (procyclingstats.com)

Last edited:
Stage 1 » Lublin › Chełm (216.4km)

tour-de-pologne-2021-stage-1-profile-01814e728c.jpg

tour-de-pologne-2021-stage-1-map-10e996c7ba.jpg

tour-de-pologne-2021-stage-1-finish-4724b06f65.png

tour-de-pologne-2021-stage-1-climb-b5e6404ad2.jpg

tour-de-pologne-2021-stage-1-climb-n2-a898e902db.jpg

tour-de-pologne-2021-stage-1-climb-n3-6e9ee6ef17.jpg

Reactions: Sandisfan
Parcours seems hililer than normal which is probably because there is an ITT.
There might be fewer pancake flat stages but actually the parcours are less hilly than normal overall- or at least the decisive stages are. The Bukowina stage has been completely butchered- probably because Tarnów paid to host the stage start. I personally think it's the worst route this race has had in a while and we're going to get a TT, 4 sprints and 2 uphill sprints.

Seems to be for political reasons. At least that's what I've read on a Polish forum.

GCN is owned by a media company that seems to be at odds with the Polish government.

But does ES only buy from GCN? :confused:

There is a broadcast provided by the public tv - https://sport.tvp.pl/55159664/tour-...stwo-na-zywo-online-live-stream-gdzie-ogladac

I have no idea if this will be geo restricted, but a vpn should make it. I think that tiz-cycling will also surely provide streams available for everyone.

Thank you, I'll probably try, won'tgo through the vpn thing, though. Tiz is nice, but always breaks away 5 min before the end. ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan