• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Trentino European Championships 8-12 September

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Huh? What brilliant tactical plan should Remco employed? Colbrelli was the strongest so he won. Sprinting is part of being strongest.

That was just a pretty general comment, not in reference to this race specifically. You can win races in different ways. You can be strong and ride smart also. How many times have seen riders attacking or making the race. But not winning for variant reasons. They are the moral winner. Or they did too much work and just lost out in the end.

I wasnt saying Remco should or could have done much else than what he did. His chance was to drop Colbrelli on the last climb. Colbrelli was just great today.

Reactions: Sandisfan
That was just a pretty general comment, not in reference to this race specifically. You can win races in different ways. You can be strong and ride smart also. How many times have seen riders attacking or making the race. But not winning for variant reasons. There the moral winner. Or they did too much work and just lost out in the end.

I wasnt saying Remco should or could have done much else than what he did. His chance was to drop Colbrelli on the last climb.

The tactics were fine he just couldn’t shake Colbrelli.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I really dislike the forum when Evenepoel is involved in a race :(

Why must everybody mock him all the time? Why is it so hard to understand the situation he is in and empathise a bit with him? Yes, he makes gestures, but so what? He is a great racer, why do a few hand gestures rile you all up like that?

Usually, everybody acts like policemen assigned to spot and penalise wheelsucking, but apparently not when Remco is involved. He is just an object you can kick at because he has the audacity to show a little bit of frustration.
For some reason he seems to be very polarizing for some people. Not entirely sure why, because I certainly don't feel it.

Tactically, there was not much he could do. He created a great split and help drive the breakaway. He was able to drop one of his two companions, but Colbrelli is just somewhat otherworldly right now.

Basically Evenepoel kept the race on the whole way up to climb, and after that, did not have much reason to pull. I made your problem for him, and many other racers, right now is that Colbrelli seems to be able to do it all. Hmmm

I don't fault remco, he tried what he could, but wasn't able to drop Colbrelli, he had no other choice. The sprint was a foregone conclusion.

Remco is a very skilled rider, but I don't think his set of skills will grant him that many prestigious wins... He either wins solo or lose, the more he is marked, the more difficult it becomes for him.

I really dislike the forum when Evenepoel is involved in a race :(

Why must everybody mock him all the time? Why is it so hard to understand the situation he is in and empathise a bit with him? Yes, he makes gestures, but so what? He is a great racer, why do a few hand gestures rile you all up like that?

Usually, everybody acts like policemen assigned to spot and penalise wheelsucking, but apparently not when Remco is involved. He is just an object you can kick at because he has the audacity to show a little bit of frustration.

Because there are bunch of amateur wannabes who know absolutely nothing about cycling and have achieved nothing in sports so they attack people to feel better.

TRENDING THREADS