• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 Trentino European Championships 8-12 September

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Remco still needs to learn a few things. How to control some emotions, how to be a better tactician and how to understand other tactics.

Nonetheless. He's a true gem for cycling, and because he's a true winner he'll deliver a lot of spectacle. We can only be grateful for it.

He will grow as a person. He will grow as an adult. Just give him the time and understand that he has to deal with a lot more pressure than most of us will ever know.

Remco was the strongest today. But Colbrelli did what he had to do and is a good winner. Wanted to see a different outcome, but it is what it is.

I don't fault remco, he tried what he could, but wasn't able to drop Colbrelli, he had no other choice. The sprint was a foregone conclusion.

Remco is a very skilled rider, but I don't think his set of skills will grant him that many prestigious wins... He either wins solo or lose, the more he is marked, the more difficult it becomes for him.

That's one of the reasons he aims at GTs I think.

I understand Remco's frustration and I don't mind some of his gestures towards other riders at times to be honest. He is emotional (usually angry though) and he shows his emotions in races, nothing wrong with that.

But instead of spending his energy being angry at his rivals, he should try a different approach maybe. It's not the first time the others didn't want to work with him, but his reaction is always the same. Today was a perfect opportunity to play mind games with Colbrelli. Remco should have stop pedalling after the climb and show Colbrelli he'll threaten his position by waiting for Cosnefroy. Does it make such a big difference if he is second or third? But by letting Cosnefroy back that would probably induce an attack by the Frenchman in the final kilometers and that's how you make Colbrelli work.

Who cares what Evenepoel's character is like off the bike? This is cycling, not Married at first sight. He's a winner and has a temper and that makes for awesome, entertaining cycling that makes Contador look like Leipheimer. Isn't that enough?
Exactly this.
There's quite a number of people here who seem to like rubbing salt in the wound, and that to me is pretty immature as well. Evenepoel makes races interesting, and he always goes for it. He makes the sport better.

Because there are bunch of amateur wannabes who know absolutely nothing about cycling and have achieved nothing in sports so they attack people to feel better.
Like you right now?

It's funny how bamboozled some get when people dislike someone for acting like an entitled little brat every time something does not go his way.

Who cares what Evenepoel's character is like off the bike? This is cycling, not Married at first sight. He's a winner and has a temper and that makes for awesome, entertaining cycling that makes Contador look like Leipheimer. Isn't that enough?
I care. Being a champion is more than winning races. It is also being an example for future generations.

We have such a good generation with classfull amazing cyclists as Roglic, Bernal, Van Aert who show great sportmanship on and off the bike.

I care. Being a champion is more than winning races. It is also being an example for future generations.

We have such a good generation with classfull amazing cyclists as Roglic, Bernal, Van Aert who show great sportmanship on and off the bike.
Ah, but Wout flashed a finger at Sagan last year. He should be taken off your list. Shame on him, doing things like that being on 200% adrenaline.

TRENDING THREADS