• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders: Road Races

Page 47 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was sceptical of the number of Leuven loops between the trips to the Flandrien circuit and wanted another loop of the Flandrien circuit here in place of one or two laps of the Leuven one, but that was because I don't think the Leuven climbs are sufficient to create separation until there had been a significant selection and I hadn't anticipated that there would be such a selection on the first trip to the Flandrien circuit.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I am seeing Alaphilippe really strong in this race I see him making the winning move in the second to last climb.

If the bunch arrives Nizzolo could actually have a better chance than Colbrelli among the Italians
The real question on the Leuven circuit will be whether the move is the deciding move that proves the winning race for Alaphilippe himself, or the one that makes the selection that decides who contests the win. Especially given what we saw yesterday with Niewiadoma unable to create a gap despite being the clear strongest on the climbs (although the selectivity so far in the men's race has been much greater which increases his chances relative to hers manifold) and Julien's recent chequered history with sprinting from groups...

Reactions: Sandisfan