• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders: Road Races

Page 59 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Positives:
  1. Great great racing starting from very early on;
  2. Evenepoel never ever having to ride as a domestique again;
  3. Alaphilippe is a spectacular and very worthy winner;
negatives:
1. Crowds were impressive in the beginning, but acted like sore loosers in the end (the main reason I didn’t go to Leuven, as I thought about how the crowds would be when no Belgian would get a medal);
2 all kinds of tactical mishaps by the Belgians, especially killing off Remco when it was already clear that WvA wasn’t doing very well, and sitting very far in the group when it was clear that alaphilippe would go full with cavagna (the move that destroyed WvA completely)
3. No medal for Stuyven in his hometown.

I just finished watching the last 20 Km of the race. What happened to Belgium?
This got to be a nightmare for them. Where was Remco in all this?
Didn't they work as a team?
And Pidcock, if he was so strong why sucking wheels so much until the end?

Well, one thing I am happy about. Cobrelli didn't get a chance for sucking the wrong wheels! LOL.

And Chapeau to Ala. He was simply the best today. And it wasn't close.
Last 20km? So you missed the biggest waste in talent that I have witnessed in a long time: Remco driving the lead group for over 15km to distance the chase group. He was so strong, but wasted all his energy for the team.

Belgium bet on the wrong horse. That Remco could have followed Alaf' imo. But as we know, coudda shoudda...

Looks like it
Positives:
  1. Great great racing starting from very early on;
  2. Evenepoel never ever having to ride as a domestique again;
  3. Alaphilippe is a spectacular and very worthy winner;
negatives:
1. Crowds were impressive in the beginning, but acted like sore loosers in the end (the main reason I didn’t go to Leuven, as I thought about how the crowds would be when no Belgian would get a medal);
2 all kinds of tactical mishaps by the Belgians, especially killing off Remco when it was already clear that WvA wasn’t doing very well, and sitting very far in the group when it was clear that alaphilippe would go full with cavagna (the move that destroyed WvA completely)
3. No medal for Stuyven in his hometown.
Yes, I rate this bike race a 8 :)

Reactions: Volderke
Last 20km? So you missed the biggest waste in talent that I have witnessed in a long time: Remco driving the lead group for over 15km to distance the chase group. He was so strong, but wasted all his energy for the team.

Belgium bet on the wrong horse. That Remco could have followed Alaf' imo. But as we know, coudda shoudda...
If Remco would have been protected, I think he showed he had the legs today to have covered Alaphillippe.

TRENDING THREADS