• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2021 World Championships in Flanders - Time Trials

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Btw, I'm still amazed how fast have WVA made it to the top of the road racing and being a favourite of any type of the race (also taking his injury into account).

I mean, I still remember him cramping up on that last climb in SB '18 like this was yesterday and how everyone was impressed by his performance on that day as a CX guy in a road race.

Reactions: Sciatic
Good that the cheater did not win. And before you guys think this is about another part of the forum, no, it's not. Aert is actually 1.86 tall or so and when he transfered to jumbo he somehow grew 4cm (literally was added to the UCI list out of nowhere) to be able to abuse the UCI rules for TT bike geometry.

You don't believe someone could have a random 4cm growth-spurt? Nothing like the random growing (and then shrinking, and then growing again) Pidcock did!

Reactions: Sandisfan
Interesting. Source?
If you google 'Wout van Aert height" you get 187 cm.
And now he's indeed on the UCI list of 190+ cm riders list.

Of course, a simple google search could be not so credible, although 187 cm still appears on many different sites as Wout's height has been updated to 190 cm in some places at some point, could be actually the moment of joining of Jumbo as @F_Cance stated.

Honestly, I rarely hear of anyone growing up 3cm at the age of 25.

Cut the man some slack. His colleague died yesterday.

Cut the censorship. It has nothing to do with that. It was a comment about the lack of professionalism which was in no way influenced by anything else.

I've seen people say that we shouldn't watch cycling today because of what happened yesterday. My response is: don't spend so much energy on controlling what other people are doing or are saying after sad occurences. Or go to church.

If you google 'Wout van Aert height" you get 187 cm.
And now he's indeed on the UCI list of 190+ cm riders list.

Of course, a simple google search could be not so credible, although 187 cm still appears on many different sites as Wout's height has been updated to 190 cm in some places at some point, could be actually the moment of joining of Jumbo as @F_Cance stated.

Honestly, I rarely hear of anyone growing up 3cm at the age of 25.
Pidcock grew 12 cm in one day, at the age of 21. Then he shrank 12cm. And then he grew 12cm again at the age of 22.
But i'm sure google and PCS are very reliable.

(lol)

As for Van Aert, he was a late bloomer physically (he was a lot shorter than van der Poel throughout most of the youth ranks), so it's not at all that farfetched that he kept growing at a later age. And it's also not that far fetched that the information of him being 1m86 was from when he was 18 years old, and never got updated until he changed teams.

Cut the censorship. It has nothing to do with that. It was a comment about the lack of professionalism which was in no way influenced by anything else.

I've seen people say that we shouldn't watch cycling today because of what happened yesterday. My response is: don't spend so much energy on controlling what other people are doing or are saying after sad occurences. Or go to church.

I just don't generally think commentators should be expected to always notice details like that.

TRENDING THREADS