• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 14: Santena – Torino 147 km (Saturday, May 21st)

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sitting on wheels. Attacking. More wheel sucking. Attacking. Letting the winning move go without even trying to chase. More wheel sucking. Sprint for 2nd. Not my cup of tea.

He was literally the one who blew it apart first on Superga despite still having Buchman there lmao.

We are blessed that in Hindley and Carapaz we appear to have two guys who will drop the hammer a long way out and who will throw caution to the wind.

This creates a great tension with a diesel like Almeida plugging away behind them.

(and there's a wildcard appearing to have discovered some form swimming not that far back)

Clipboard.jpg

If there is any team not riding with a loser mentality today it’s Bora. If we have any team to thank for this first great stage in the Giro it is them.

Hindley also the only real leader that worked in the chase behind Carapaz.

Team. Bora was great. Hindley was strong but raced like prime Valverde. I hate it. Him soft pedaling in front of the group letting Carapaz increase the lead isn´t exactly supporting his case.
Sitting on Nibali´s wheel. Jumping up to Carapaz. Sitting on Carapaz wheel again. Waiting for Nibali and Yates to catch them.
First class wheel sucker. Not like this is the first time. Sitting behind Ineos leaders is his go to move.

Team. Bora was great. Hindley was strong but raced like prime Valverde. I hate it. Him soft pedaling in front of the group letting Carapaz increase the lead isn´t exactly supporting his case.
Sitting on Nibali´s wheel. Jumping up to Carapaz. Sitting on Carapaz wheel again. Waiting for Nibali and Yates to catch them.
First class wheel sucker. Not like this is the first time. Sitting behind Ineos leaders is his go to move.

He looked to do more riding than Carapaz imo when the 4 joined together at the top of the climb.

I’m not saying you have to like him. He is Australian so of course a wheelsucker by nature.

however you criticize Bora, which for me isn’t fair at all. And I also think Hindley had some entertaining moves today. Definitely not wheelsucking all the time.

TRENDING THREADS