• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 14: Santena – Torino 147 km (Saturday, May 21st)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In Italy everything is nicer, even the police.
Also at today's stage, Marcell Jacobs , Olympic champion sprinter, with the local police force.

FTS499TWYAENpSX

Every sprint stage should be designed like today, keeping the sprinters in the groupetto where they belong. Just a nice medium mountain stage.

So... every sprint stage should not be a sprint stage?
I'm pretty sure today was not designed as a sprint stage.

Another stage win for Yates wouldn't surprise me.

Me neither.
He already won.

Yes! You could have a killer stage between, for example, Rome and Rieti or Gubbio and San Marino
Yep. Or the muritos in Abruzzo and Marche, for instance a stage with finish in Fermo. The Ligurian hills are also really good. And an area almost never used; the hilly terrain south and west of the towns in Emilio Romagna (Bologna, Imola, Fanza, Forli). Here there are hills and valleys enough to create medium mountain stages of epic proportions.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Yep. Or the muritos in Abruzzo and Marche, for instance a stage with finish in Fermo. The Ligurian hills are also really good. And an area almost never used; the hilly terrain south and west of the towns in Emilio Romagna (Bologna, Imola, Fanza, Forli). Here there are hills and valleys enough to create medium mountain stages of epic proportions.
Indeed, pretty much anywhere along the spinal cord of the boot will do.

First stage this Giro I couldn't watch, offcourse it was full carnage.
Wanted to check the last 30km without knowing anything and I saw only 12 riders left. Had to go all the way back to when Bora started pushing.
So Almeida rode the whole stage yoyoing at 15sec or so and finished only 24sec down, what a heart on this guy. Hope he can win this Giro!
Hindley and Carapaz the better climbers so far. Would've loved to see Bardet with them here.
MVDP having fun everyday, more of this in the Tour please.
And happy to see the shark riding with grinta again!

Maybe today's stage too tells us all as pro racing fans that we <<really>> wouldn't mind missing the long slugs up a mountain pass as we once thought.

The Giro every year in my mind delivers the creative stages that includes considering 4 foot wide alley ways actual roads in Italy.

Just saying...

TRENDING THREADS