• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 20: Belluno – Marmolada 168 km (Saturday, May 28th)

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Firstly, finally we get a decent GC battle, but why oh why did Hindly wait until now to do this? Looking how strong he is he could've had the Giro wrapped up by a minutes before coming into today's stage.....
I only picked out your comment as it was a common theme here.

Hindley didn't wait. Not sure how anyone who had been watching this Giro would not have noticed Hindley tried many times but he, Carapaz and Landa were very close on strength. On the Fedaia obviously Carapaz had a bad day and cracked but this was precipitated by Kämna's launch which was the catalyst and what made the big difference. Carapaz was already on his limits following Sivakov. But even Hindley was stretched following Kämna in those moments if you re-watch the video.

I have never heard of a more over rated pull than the one Kamna produced on this stage, its everywhere and anywhere that he won the race for Hindley like he wasnt going to destroy him anyway.

Poels used to pace Froome for 7km up Angrilu but we carrying on about a 800m pull lol
I'd say Poels on the Angrilu was putting out way less watts than Kamna did in that 800m pull. Watch the video, even Hindley was at his limit. He fully deserved his win as seen by the way he could ride on after that surge Then add that Carapaz was on a bad day and already at his limit on Sivakov's wheel. But it was that 800m pull which finally snapped the elastic.

I'd say Poels on the Angrilu was putting out way less watts than Kamna did in that 800m pull. Watch the video, even Hindley was at his limit. He fully deserved his win as seen by the way he could ride on after that surge Then add that Carapaz was on a bad day and already at his limit on Sivakov's wheel. But it was that 800m pull which finally snapped the elastic.
Short pulls are so much easier cause if you've sat up a little while you can just dig into your anaerobic reserves while the leaders have been going hard for a long time already.

6.5W/kg is super high for 20 minutes at 2km altitude. 6.5W for 2-3 minutes is a nothingburger.

Reactions: Fantastico
Short pulls are so much easier cause if you've sat up a little while you can just dig into your anaerobic reserves while the leaders have been going hard for a long time already.

6.5W/kg is super high for 20 minutes at 2km altitude. 6.5W for 2-3 minutes is a nothingburger.
Of course and this was kind of my point. But you think Hindley was only 6.5W for 2-3 minutes? Looked way more than that, also judging by Landa getting popped at the same moment.

285501519_10158995099863247_6703138828457927940_n.jpg

They're truly in earnest! :D :D :D

A stage where nearly nothing happened at all!

TRENDING THREADS