• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 4: Avola – Etna 170 km (Tuesday, May 10th)

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oldani is 62kg at 178cm, if anything him being a better sprinter than climber at that height to weight ratio is more random.

He doesn't seem to be 62kg to me from the TV shots
At least we don’t need to worry about Sivakov becoming the first French GT winner since Fignon yet. That would be... odd.

It's still early, Siva lost less time today on Etna than TGH in 2020.

Reactions: perico
If this Giro had more kms of ITT I'd actually back Kämna as Bora's best gc option in this race.
He likes bad weather and loves multi-mountain stages.

I'm not sure if he's good enough on the steep stuff to do this. Also his TT was quite shaky until this year. I think it's clear that he has all the tools to be in the TOP 5 in a GT if he wants to focus on it. But with his break last year and the motivation stuff maybe it's best to ride this attacking style and set goals for individual days.

Also with this form he could come in quite handy as a helper for Bora. He has now his stage victory and I think he could go for the mountain jersey as well, but Bora has three leaders in the Top 21 right now with Kelderman only 13 seconds behind Yates. I think that will be his focus in the last week. They must feel quite confident with Buchmann als trying to set the pace there for a small period.

Let's see how it will look on Blockhaus, with no real attacks today there will be some people in GC G1 that bluffed themeselves through the last hard parts of the mountain.

Reactions: Fantastico
princess-leia-hologram-the-last-jedi.png

Help me Romain Bardet your my only hope.

I think it was the latter. A boycot wouldn't really seem plausible. Hopefully, the production choices will be evaluated... But you know, I am a bit of an optimist so maybe that's unlikely.

Yeah, the latter is not really impossible actually, sometimes someone could be sick and you just pick anyone available at the last minute, probably a cooking programme director or anyone idle

• Haha
Reactions: Laplaz

TRENDING THREADS