• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 9: Isernia – Blockhaus 189 km (Sunday, May 15th)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The story to be told at this point is the fight for the GPM. The jersey changed because Rosa crossed the top first, so of course that is the most important development to show.

If the pace was furious behind and many riders dropped or suffered, that would be worth showing too, but that has not happened.
We’re just asking for a little more balance so we can observe for ourselves what and why thing are not happening in the peloton. The ration on this climb I would estimate has been something like 95% of the time on the breakaways.

So there was just an example of why some of us want to see more of the peloton. They switched over the a brief view of a group off the front of the peloton in the descent. You could say “hey, they showed us what’s happening” but what we saw was the outcome, not how it happened . . . Not only who initiated but who was the one who let the wheel go in front of them. It doesn’t matter to me that it came to naught—I want to see the dynamic of the racing.

Reactions: gunara
So there was just an example of why some of us want to see more of the peloton. They switched over the a brief view of a group off the front of the peloton in the descent. You could say “hey, they showed us what’s happening” but what we saw was the outcome, not how it happened . . . Not only who initiated but who was the one who let the wheel go in front of them. It doesn’t matter to me that it came to naught—I want to see the dynamic of the racing.

Yes, I am interested exclusively in the general classification. Allways and forever. In all races

Blockhaus:
FSzJGTgWIAAO0JD

Reactions: Sciatic

TRENDING THREADS