• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 9: Isernia – Blockhaus 189 km (Sunday, May 15th)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Porte on VNews;
"If there’s one thing that really grinds my gears it’s riders getting tows from cars and really long “sticky bottles” on the climbs. We’re here pedaling our bikes, so why aren’t you? I don’t like that side of it, it’s cheating. I won’t call out the rider I’m talking about, but one guy was holding onto the car for 30 seconds. I told him to pedal his bike and shouted at him, and I really hate it. "
Who might this person be? ?
Only people within his time was Carthy, Kamna, Sosa, and Oomen.

I think there was a camera along Juanpe all the time, so he cannot be the culprit.

It's pure speculation, but it could be Hugh Carthy, whose points are extremely relevant to the team, blew up big time when Sivakov made the last sprint of his turn and managed to overtake Porte at the end.

It's really a wasted chance for Bardet. He certainly was the strongest rider on Blockhaus, but simply to nervous to realize.

Landa always looks smooth, even when he's about to drop like on Carpegna. So I think y'all & Karsten Migels were mistaking.

Nevertheless Bardet could have taken the signature win of his career taking the pink jersey alongside. Hopefully he doesn't rue this missed opportunity, because he can't follow Carapaz in the last week anymore.

Porte on VNews;
"If there’s one thing that really grinds my gears it’s riders getting tows from cars and really long “sticky bottles” on the climbs. We’re here pedaling our bikes, so why aren’t you? I don’t like that side of it, it’s cheating. I won’t call out the rider I’m talking about, but one guy was holding onto the car for 30 seconds. I told him to pedal his bike and shouted at him, and I really hate it. "
Who might this person be? ?

Looking at the guys who performed better than expected...

It's got to be Nibali :p

Reactions: Jungle Cycle

TRENDING THREADS