• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia: Who is going to win? Third rest day poll.

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2022 Giro d'Italia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FTgNotkXwAA0PSC

Reactions: gregrowlerson
I have to admit Almeida is a serious rider, who can win a Giro with important contenders. But he and Hindley has given an step onwanrds. They had to show that to put them from the begining in the first line as I put Bardet for example. We dont have him now, so what a pity.

I would like Landa to win or at least to be on the podium. If he look for the podium forgeting the overall victory he has some options to put enough iome to Almeida...but he will try to get the overall and that way he can get it, but more probably he will be out of the podiuum. anyway this Giro is for for riders and Landa is one of them.

Carapaz can figh againt the eslovenians in the mountains, even better imo than Roglic, and no far from Pogacar, and Landa is at his level in the high mountains. And close in the rest.

Landa could finish fourth, but that conclusion is important

He did struggle descending in Emilia and Torrino last year as well. Got times back at the climbs every time. It was the first time I noticed that pattern. But I've seen him struggle in finishes with lots of twists and turns on the flats as well. I still hold the idea that he's a bit slow to respond in general.

But I agree he's probably closer to his limit as I haven't seen him wiggle like that before?

Lovely to see you btw! <3

Thanks! Responding times could be an explanation! He doesn't seem to have bad handling skills per se.

• Love
Reactions: noob
Hindley will will. Not only is carapaz in my fantasy cycling team, but he looks like he's missing that extra gear.

I'm leaning towards this as well.

It's certainly not going to be easy for Hindley (considering the time trial), but my opinion on this is mostly conditioned by Carapaz himself, i.e. namely his lack of incisive full gas attacks where he can drop his rivals. He seemed much, much stronger in the Tour de France last year to be honest.

I also don't think having Hindley merely 3 seconds behind is part of a 'masterplan' (because the margin for error is non-existent) so it's safe to assume he'd do more if he could.

• Sad
Reactions: noob and Sandisfan
Now that it seems to be down to a head-to-head battle between Hindley and Carapaz, how do you all think they will fare in the Verona ITT?

I think Carapaz will take between 10'' and 20'' on Hindley.
If they both have the same physical condition on the final day (unlikely after 20 brutal days) Carapaz will take around 10 seconds to Hindley in a 17 km individual effort. The problem is that they are close enough as far as itt capabilities goes that it may all end up to how they reach the final day. To close to call imo. I hope we will be blessed with that because all the drama and tension around it will be amazing imo. And if it rains even better :)

Now that it seems to be down to a head-to-head battle between Hindley and Carapaz, how do you all think they will fare in the Verona ITT?

I think Carapaz will take between 10'' and 20'' on Hindley.

He only took 6 seconds on the course in 2019 when he was securing the win and Hindley was nowhere, but both of them could potentially have ridden faster if required. Hindley's TTs this year doesn't imply he's improved much, but if he's the freshest after three weeks then you never know.

• Haha
Reactions: noob and topcat

TRENDING THREADS