• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think that is during the race. But before the race it's mandatory to provide a negative test:
"two days before the start of the race, presentation of at least one negative antigen test for all members of the teams (riders and staff)"

On topic. FDJ announce that Pinot and Kung have tested negative, following their positives, just after the Tour De Suisse

In that case there are no Belgians (all either French or Dutch), no South Americans (Mainly Spanish, some Portuguese or Italian names), no US or Australians (names from all over, but not native ones) and Kristoff would be Russian, Benjamin Thomas would be Welsh, etc etc etc

I'm not saying that you have to have a surname typical for your country to be from that country. However, when you do have a surname typical for your country, you obviously can't be from another.

Reactions: Sandisfan
In that case there are no Belgians (all either French or Dutch), no South Americans (Mainly Spanish, some Portuguese or Italian names), no US or Australians (names from all over, but not native ones) and Kristoff would be Russian, Benjamin Thomas would be Welsh, etc etc etc
No, man. There are no Dutch, they all are Flemings.
No Slovenians either.

Report from Tivoli:

Hottest day of the year. Thank God someone invented the cold beer.
What are you doing in Ljubljana?

• Wow
I remember when following the Tour meant looking for the size 6 print in the results section of the newspaper the following morning to see the previous days' top three plus what position the British riders had finished.
In the US west coast in the 80’s (when Lemond started competing) local papers did not carry any results but the NY Times (which I could buy at a city newsstand) usually carried the top 3 or top 10 with their times in the statistics page, but there was no description or summary until the weekend. I remember trying to recreate how a mountain stage might have unfolded by looking at the time gaps.

I thought it would have been more like Geraint Thomas being French; Norman conquests and all that.

• Wow

TRENDING THREADS