• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not sure what you mean regarding tennis as 3 seeded players on the men side withdrew from Wimbledon due to covid positives this week.

I just heard a story there is a silent pack, confirmed or not, for players to not do any self-testing, just for the reason you noted.

PS: Sorry for the Daily Mail link

I just heard a story there is a silent pack, confirmed or not, for players to not do any self-testing, just for the reason you noted.

PS: Sorry for the Daily Mail link

No problem and thanks for elaborating.

I think with the new UCI guidelines the difference with Wimbledon would be just 3 tests in a bit over 3 weeks with the possibility of continuing even after testing positive.

So while definitely stricter, I do not see the Tour rules as being super strict.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Only three Colombians are on the start list. Martinez probably won't be the leader at Ineos. Uran hardly counts as Colombian, because he never attacks. Quintana started well this season, but suffered from several crashes in the spring, and the first week looks ominous for him.

It's painful that Chaves and Higuita have been snubbed in spite of their good shape. Lopez is recovering from crashes and will probably do the Vuelta. Bernal will be missed. The Tour seems almost over for the Colombians before it has even started.

Only three Colombians are on the start list. Martinez probably won't be the leader at Ineos. Uran hardly counts as Colombian, because he never attacks. Quintana started well this season, but suffered from several crashes in the spring, and the first week looks ominous for him.

It's painful that Chaves and Higuita have been snubbed in spite of their good shape. Lopez is recovering from crashes and will probably do the Vuelta. Bernal will be missed. The Tour seems almost over for the Colombians before it has even started.

I think for Higuita the Vuelta is a good opportunity for himself. Apart from that I agree. More Colombian cyclists are better! :D

Lol at Uran.

I think Martinez will have stage winning and too 5 chances in the race and renowned wind master Nairito could get himself a top 10 from building a buffer on the windy bridge on day 2.

Chaves is unlucky but it could be seen as not rushing him and using the good return to get even better chances of a big result in the Vuelta which is similar to Higuita who has been targeting the Vuelta all year so could use his freshness as a key advantage

I think Martinez will have stage winning and too 5 chances in the race and renowned wind master Nairito could get himself a top 10 from building a buffer on the windy bridge on day 2.

Chaves is unlucky but it could be seen as not rushing him and using the good return to get even better chances of a big result in the Vuelta which is similar to Higuita who has been targeting the Vuelta all year so could use his freshness as a key advantage

Yes, I think Chaves has better chances at the Vuelta due to field and parcours but he has to arrive there fresh. Given his history of physical problems and consistency, I think back to back GTs are too much for him to fight for a good GC spot in the 2nd grand tour.

He was top10 in GC and in three out of the four mountain stages in the first 10 days of the shortened 2020 Vuelta. I'd say he tried until he hit the wall at Farrapona and Angliru.

He was doing this under sufferance and never had the shape to ride for GC - This is the reason why BEX did not renew his contract - When you add that when BEX took Chaves to the last 2 TDF's as a stage hunter and he could only get into one break - He's much better suited to the Giro and the Vuelta.

TRENDING THREADS