• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 Tour of Scandinavia - Battle of the North, WWT, August 9th to 14th

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
If we're honest, not a great race, would have been better with the Halden fortress hilly stage to give DSM something to work with as Lippert is a good puncheuse and so could have tried something even if it was unlikely. Objectively it was just a 'meh' edition of the Tour of Norway but with two added - and pretty boring - flat stages, and only one stage out of the six really had much relevance; Vandevelde and Aalerud losing potentially a bit of time in splits at the line are the only thing that prevent it from being just a straight "mountain stage sets the GC" edition.

From a wholly subjective point of view, the GC clearly shows that it was a legendary race of the highest quality :D

I will have to watch the MTF from yesterday, but other than that, yes, this can be done a whole lot better.

I watched the Nationals RR in Aalborg (I live her) and saw Cille beasting it up on one of the hardest hills we have, a hill that I have done a ton in the centre of the city which usually serves as a good and final leg-breaker after a good ride. It was quite funny, Cecilie looked like a little girl compared to the other women (Norsgaard among others), and the difference in their builds was quite staggering when you compared it to the men a few hours later who all looked very lean. Based on that, you got to see for yourself that it really isn't that surprising we see these monster gaps on the hardest climbs, and that only a few select riders actually stand a chance when it really gets rough, and also, its no surprise she could win this race! Chapeau.

I will have to watch the MTF from yesterday, but other than that, yes, this can be done a whole lot better.

I watched the Nationals RR in Aalborg (I live her) and saw Cille beasting it up on one of the hardest hills we have, a hill that I have done a ton in the centre of the city which usually serves as a good and final leg-breaker after a good ride. It was quite funny, Cecilie looked like a little girl compared to the other women (Norsgaard among others), and the difference in their builds was quite staggering when you compared it to the men a few hours later who all looked very lean. Based on that, you got to see for yourself that it really isn't that surprising we see these monster gaps on the hardest climbs, and that only a few select riders actually stand a chance when it really gets rough, and also, its no surprise she could win this race! Chapeau.
Soooo you turned up to the start of a race to examine the bodies of professional cyclists and then concluded that most were too chubby and overweight to go fast uphill. Great work.

The point about Denmark currently not having the most depth nor a lot climbing talent on the women's side is definitely not entirely untrue. There are of course sprinters and/or track riders from other countries who can climb fairly well, but Dideriksen and Nosgaard aren't really among them, though Norsgaard in her best shape would probably have been closer to matching Cille in Aalborg.

TRENDING THREADS