• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia: Who is going to win? Pre-race poll.

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win the 2022 Giro d'Italia?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just cast my vote in the poll, and Primoz Roglic is your winner; he's a better climber and he can out-sprint Remco for seconds. He will see this final ITT as his redemption, against a great champion. Stomping Alert! I don't like the match-up on this route for Remco.

1. Primoz Roglic
2. Remco Evenepoel at 56" (great Olympic games )

Ineos will go for third with plan A and B, Geraint outdoing the rest in the first two ITT as plan A. It worked at last year's Tour. Tao in the shadows.

3. I don't know...

"The rest" of the GC race will see action for that virtual 4th place: it is worth fighting for, and who knows? If someone upstairs abandons, well, well, well...that was Ineos' modus operandi at last year's TdF. and it worked out.

Many have a chance to get their best GC finish in a GT ever...or so close that it will only enhance their legacy. Pozzo or The Great Bauke Mollema can write another page of their epic story. Rigo may see a late opportunity in the twilight of his career, and when in form, his ITT is more than decent.

Bora and UAE will do good but a 5th place is about as high as they will get. They Can cannibalize themselves, Ineos has this. Almeida 5th?

Others think about stage win(s): Jay Vine and Thibaut Pinot, and for them, stage 19 has to be the feather that they want on their hat. But if they find themselves in a good GC spot, why not?

We'll find out...
I really think you don't know what you are talking about. Roglic is a better climber than Remco? Where do you draw that conclusion from? Last year's Vuelta? This year's Catalunya? And he must be much better at climbing to make up for the deficit Remco shall give him in the TTs. I'll admit, however, that if Primoz doesn't lose time in the TTs he will win.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS