• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2023 Spring Classics CQ Game

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pre covid it was before Eschborn-Frankfurt, but only 1.1 level. The last two years it was a clear 2 weeks after Frankfurt, which is already a bit of a minor squib as a final event, and to wait another fortnight for a probably even less consequential scoring opportunity seemed to draw things out into tedium. This year, to be honest, I didn't even think about it, but I probably would have left it out even if I had noticed, largely because of the Giro.

But I'd be delighted to include it if it is before or same weekend as Frankfurt any future year.

Reactions: RedheadDane
Blues in the Bottle might have got excited if it were in the game with Eeckhoff being part of the sprint, and getting third, but he would have had to win to have him overhaul Evans is the Best. Search, TRiley and Vladimir also had Eeckhoff, and all three would have moved from low in the teens to high in the teens in the final results: Vladimir would have got a podium place in the Green points. But the game has to have a finish point, and that was in the Finanzplatz, so those things didn't happen and I am undoing that bit of whatiffery from the spreadsheet.

Reactions: Blues in the bottle