2024 National Championships Overview Thread

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good winner, that's one silver fern we'll be seeing on the regular. Pithie up next, hopefully. I need this in the pro peloton.

GFGSRkMWIAAC3uA

I've tried to work out whether or not Sophie Maxwell is related to Samara, but I'm not sure yet.

Cadzow won the elite title by a healthy margin over Wyllie/Harvey.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The first cycling team named after a Santana single since the Brazilian Samba Pa Ti Racing semi-pro set-up of the late 1980s.

Edit: Damn, RhD didn't take the bait. I was hoping to persuade her that Jacques Pretzel Logic had been the DS.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there have been teams sharing names of Santana records. Amigos, Freedom, Marathon, Milagro, Festival, Corazon, Lotus, Primavera, Possibilities, Stormy, Winning and Smooth all sound like distinct possibilities, and I would be surprised if there has never been a Veracruz cycling team.
But I would be very tempted to buy the jersey of Multi Dimensional Warrior CC, or Dance of the Rainbow Serpent Racing.

Last edited:
Ella Wylie wins the women's RR and under 23. She's a promising rider who can climb and was a required signing for Jayco, although I don't rate her as highly as others - Interested to see how much she improves this year.

I thought Ally Wollaston and Michaela Drummond would be riding the race, but it looks like none of the track riders went there after the Nations Cup in Adelaide last week.