• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

26th & 27th March - Criterium International

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Libertine Seguros said:
Emakumeen Bira is the women's version of what used to be the Euskal Bizikleta. "Emakumeen Bira" literally means "women's race".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_gLbYFa-L8

Szlakiem Grodów Piastowskich is a 2.1 rated race in Poland (Silesia if my memory serves me correctly). It usually presents a moderately hilly parcours, attacking racing, and was won in 2010 by Marek Rutkiewicz, I think. He definitely won one of the Polish 2.1 races, either this one or the Course de Solidarność.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klGPhU5ls1Q

Ive reported this post. Clearly Libertine is a alter ego of Daotec, only he could know such a thing. We all know having extra accounts to circumnavigate bans is a serious offence:D

Sky have certainly come with a good team. Rogers or Wiggins could win this or at least place highly - Rogers came second overall last year although judging by P-N isnt perhaps on top form yet. Problem is that anyone who successfully jumps away towards the end of stage 1 could win it with the aid of the bonification. Kloden would look to be the favourite to me based on P-N form.

Russell Downing won the second stage last year and might fancy his chances again this year.

Libertine Seguros said:
Szlakiem Grodów Piastowskich is a 2.1 rated race in Poland (Silesia if my memory serves me correctly). It usually presents a moderately hilly parcours, attacking racing, and was won in 2010 by Marek Rutkiewicz, I think. He definitely won one of the Polish 2.1 races, either this one or the Course de Solidarność.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klGPhU5ls1Q

Szlakiem Grodòw Piastowskich 2010
Stage: 1 - 7 Mei : Jawor - Zlotoryja, 158.30 km
Stage: 2 - 8 Mei : Swidnica - Dzierzoniów, 167.80 km
Stage: 3a - 9 Mei : Polkowice ITT, 26.70 km
Stage: 3b - 9 Mei : Rudna - Legnica, 82.80 km
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?detp=view&_ap=etappes&editie_idd=MjAwMjY=

1. RUTKIEWICZ Marek MRO 11:15:07
2. HUZARSKI Bartosz NPOL 00:00:15
3. MARCZYNSKI Tomasz CCC 00:00:20
http://www.cyclingfever.com/editie.html?editie_idd=MjAwMjY=

TeamSkyFans said:
Ive reported this post. Clearly Libertine is a alter ego of Daotec, only he could know such a thing. We all know having extra accounts to circumnavigate bans is a serious offence:D

Libertine is definitely NOT a alter ego of Daotec, as he didn't even give the basic details as in my post above, along with other vital information such as Marek Rutkiewicz also won the 1.2 polish race Puchar Uzdrowisk Karpackich in august last year

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Wiggo

He's in form and has to win something soon. Hilly stage is not hard enough to drop him and the TT is a great length for him.

<takes scratched record off turntable>

L'Ospedale, the site of the infamous "showdown" which never happened. Was a boring stage really, but a nice win by Fedrigo. Hopefully a bit more will happen with the stage being a bit tougher, and no "rivals" to shadowbox. Still think the only real attack will come at the ramp with a few km to go.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Hey, give me a break, I did that from memory! I also included a link, something DAOTEC would NEVER do.

Just thinking about trying to pronounce that name of the rider you posted boggles my mind.:D

Lets hope the riders have no allergic attacks:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Corsica is kind of a rough place right now (again) from what I understand. Saw something in the news the other day about a town's mayor being brutally murdered

Christian said:
Corsica is kind of a rough place right now (again) from what I understand. Saw something in the news the other day about a town's mayor being brutally murdered

meh.
Never heard of the Corsican mafia? they are even worse than the Dutch!

Seriously, Corsica is much safer than it used to be, when the independence movements were very active.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The only view I have of Corsica is the one from an Asterix comic book :p

One of my favorite ones as well from Asterix :p (only beaten by Asterix and the Belgians because of the Eddy Merckx reference XD)

Captain_Cavman said:
Thank you very much gentlemen, it used to be commonplace in the TdF but now seems sadly underused.

The last time the Giro attempted two stages in a day, the riders complained and the second stage was dropped. The Giro should have told the riders that this is the route and if you don't like it then race somewhere else...like California.

Christian said:

(by his wife.. Don't worry he was not responsible for the potholes on the roads .. This year Critirium course is mild enough. Riders won't find anything really tough, the "rough ride happen on the other side of the island

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If the Tour does go to Corsica we could potentially have several great stages, with a MTF by stage 3 or 4, but bet you a trillion Zimbabwe dollars that if they even go to Corsica, they won't have a MTF.

craig1985 said:
If the Tour does go to Corsica we could potentially have several great stages, with a MTF by stage 3 or 4, but bet you a trillion Zimbabwe dollars that if they even go to Corsica, they won't have a MTF.

I thought they already said they will start the 2013 Tour there (100th anniversary so want to start in a region they never have before) and that it will be some lame circuits for sprinters and maybe a prologue.