• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

28th Tro Bro Leon - Hell of the West, Sunday April 17 - 206.4km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kazistuta said:
It looks great...was that a big front lawn, they just passed?

Yup. The front lawn of the Kerouartz Castle. And this part was a new extension of that particular section. It wasn't on the route last year, according to commentator.

lannilis.jpg

I'm sad for the two Fdjeux crossers Jeannesson and Chainel but they really looked tired at the end compared to Jérome.

Definitely the best race of the weekend. Glad you enjoyed it. ;) More uphill sections than Roubaix and also more windy since it's at sea (wind exploded the peloton before coverage apparently).

Lol and good ole Gérard Rué, still fit. :D

Any live streams for GP Herning? I'm addicted to non-asphalt races? ;)

Echoes said:
Yup. The front lawn of the Kerouartz Castle. And this part was a new extension of that particular section. It wasn't on the route last year, according to commentator.
</snipkins>

+1. When I first saw the pic of the riders coming through that gate, I had to laugh at the audacity of it.

paysage_medievale_pour_les_coureurs_du_tro_bro_leon_600.jpg

The French really know how to sell the image of their country through cycling! :)

Echoes said:
I'm sad for the two Fdjeux crossers Jeannesson and Chainel but they really looked tired at the end compared to Jérome.

Is Jeannesson a crosser? I don't recall seeing him in the 'cross this offseason, and the main thing I remember his time at Caisse d'Epargne for is being quite useful as a climber - he was the last man with Arroyo on Zoncolán and he topped Vesuvio with The Boss in 2009.

Yup. He's a very decent one but mainly for French standard. And he has a real passion for it, actually.

Here's his palmarès: http://www.arnold-jeannesson.fr/SiteOfficiel/Palmares.html

You notice that he wins a handful of French crosses every year, though he never comes to Belgium. His most famous performance being that 3rd place in the French Nats, this year.

I've been talking about his cyclocross skills and ambitions here: http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=12751&page=2

L'arriviste said:
+1. When I first saw the pic of the riders coming through that gate, I had to laugh at the audacity of it.

Lol. So gracious.

(Sorry for the size of my pic, don't know whether it can be reduced)

Great info, Echoes. Thx for that!

I picked Chainel for the win in a German cycling game, so was a bit dissappointed in the end. I thought Europcar rode a hell of a race and were part of all the important action. Also had Hurel (I think) in a break with Jeanneson earlier and two-three guys in the pursuing group.

Also thought Ag2r should have done more to catch the last four in front - they definitely had the numbers to do it.

Willy_Voet said:
Can any French readers here tell me if it's possible to get a race guide or a poster of the graphic on the Tro Bro Leon website?

Hmm, welcome to the murky world of local communications agencies. ;) The agency in question is Artao, they're an event sponsor and their office is in Brest but they don't even have a website. They also did the last two years, I think. They will have found a local artist to do the actual work though.

If I were you, I'd write to the organiser who runs the event. He'll have some spare, or else he'll tell you who to go to. :)

EDIT: Jean-Paul Mellouet is the organiser. And he is the right guy to approach because he is the artist! (See sportbreizh.com on the 2010 poster)

Libertine Seguros said:
Is Jeannesson a crosser? I don't recall seeing him in the 'cross this offseason, and the main thing I remember his time at Caisse d'Epargne for is being quite useful as a climber - he was the last man with Arroyo on Zoncolán and he topped Vesuvio with The Boss in 2009.

Proof:

arnoldjeannesson.jpg

He was 25th in Namur, last Sunday and I was glad to see him :). It's been long since he last race a World Cup event, if he raced any. I was there. That's my pic. ;)

TRENDING THREADS