• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd Adriatica Ionica Race /// july 24th - 28th 2019

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

shalgo said:
Logic-is-your-friend said:
Mayomaniac said:
Apparently the Remco crashed once again, Remco is the new Wilco.
Clearly not, since Wilco breaks something each time he falls.
Remco is lucky he still has the baby fat for padding.
Jokes aside, it looks like the stage was brutal. From the gc guys only Hermans, Padun, Cattaneo, Knox & Conci finished s. t. as the winner (only 22 riders in the front group), most of the other guys finished in the same group as Remco.

Mayomaniac said:
Quickstep will ride for Knox tomorrow :eek:
Over 1min ahead of Remco and he has outclimbed him in the UAE Tour and in Romandie, if he's healthy there's nothing strange about that.
In Dutch there is a saying (or at least, in Flemish, i don't know if the Dutch use it as well): "verder kijken dan uw neus lang is". But if they think they can form Knox (class of De Plus, Mas...) into a top GC rider and/or value the result in the mighty Adriatica Ionica Race so much, then yes, i'm sure you are correct.

That, or they shouldn't have made Evenepoel the leader for AIRace.

Mayomaniac said:
Quickstep will ride for Knox tomorrow :eek:
Over 1min ahead of Remco and he has outclimbed him in the UAE Tour and in Romandie, if he's healthy there's nothing strange about that.
In Dutch there is a saying (or at least, in Flemish, i don't know if the Dutch use it as well): "verder kijken dan uw neus lang is". But if they think they can form Knox (class of De Plus, Mas...) into a top GC rider and/or value the result in the mighty Adriatica Ionica Race so much, then yes, i'm sure you are correct.

That, or they shouldn't have made Evenepoel the leader for AIRace.

When 5 teammates out of 6 finish ahead of the supposed leader in a stage, I am guessing everything is not as clear cut about the freedom to ride for own results.

A group of 11 riders is in pursuit of Mattia Bais (Cycling Team Friuli), who dropped Edward Theuns on the Passo Pura.

Mark Padun (Bahrain-Merida)
Remco Evenepoel (Deceuninck-Quick-Step)
James Knox (Deceuninck-Quick-Step)
Jonathan Caicedo (EF)
Winner Anacona (Movistar)
Nicola Conci (Trek-Segafredo)
Jan Polanc (UAE-Emirates)
Daniel Muñonz (Androni-Sidermec)
Matteo Badilatti (Israel Cycling Academy)
Ben Hermans (Israel Cycling Academy)
Dayer Quintana (Neri Sottoli-Selle Italia-KTM)

Also in Adriatica Ionica, the weather was very bad:
https://twitter.com/NeriSelleItalia/status/1154777666232430592

CLASSIFICA GENERALE

1. Mark Padun (Bahrain Merida) in 10.04'04"
2. Ben Hermans (Israel Academy) a 6"
3. Jonathan Caicedo (EF Education First) a 10"
4. James Knox (Deceuninck Quick Step) a 15"
5. Nicola Conci (Trek Segafredo) a 1'17"
6. Quintana +1'32"
7. Polanc +2'55"
8. Evenepoel +3'09"
9. Munoz +4'06"
10. Honoré +5'20"

Re:

Kevin Rivera obviously didn't quit, he finished 25th, nearly 15 minutes down.

RedheadDane said:
I know this has no bearing on the overall race (and I only notice because of my nationality) but what's with the Dane Gang?

11 Honoré Mikkel Frølich, Deceuninck - Quick Step 5:10
12 Eg Niklas, Trek - Segafredo ,,
13 Gregaard Jonas, Astana Pro Team,,

Quite interested to see where Eg & Gregaard end up. Both seemed to be late bloomers in the U23's with some great results at 21 and 22. I guess Knox falls in the same category.

TRENDING THREADS