• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2nd rest day - Who do you think will win la Vuelta?

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win la Vuelta?

• Vino/other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Alberto is going to attack and not let up. So, he's either going to win, or he's going to bonk and fall off the podium. I suspect he'll win.

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
To fall off the podium he needs to lose over 4 minutes to Froome - pretty sure that's not gonna happen. Hope Berto wins it but Rodriguez has been so so strong.

Caruut said:
To fall off the podium he needs to lose over 4 minutes to Froome - pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

Agree.
Even if he attacks say 60 kms from the frinish in the Bola del Mundo stage he's not gonna lose the podium.

There's a slight chance he loses second place, in case of a crazy long range attack. But podium, no way.

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
SafeBet said:
Agree.
Even if he attacks say 60 kms from the frinish in the Bola del Mundo stage he's not gonna lose the podium.

There's a slight chance he loses second place, in case of a crazy long range attack. But podium, no way.

Eh, so I exaggerated a bit. :)

I think Contador could win it ( stage 20 shall be epic ) but JROD looks to be set to win. I say why not? It would be his first GT win and he deserves it. It would be such a shame if he does not ever win a GT. We all know Contador is the best GT rider but he needs to lose sometimes.

I am not confident but i voted Contador because i know what he can do/ his attacks should work at least once.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Just one thing.

nelson_haha.jpg

May 2, 2010
Visit site
sartoris said:
i voted for alberto. Although purito is in the shape of his life, contador attacking spirit is not going to fade away and i can see him a little bit stronger everyday. Purito can crack or have a bad day. The difference between them two is minimal. Plenty of terrain to turn the race upside down.

luving the vuelta !!!

quoting meself !! :D

willbick said:
40% of forumits still think Contador's gonna win??!!!:confused: I thought this was supposed to be a forum for people with some knowledge of cycling??

You'll have learned two things today Willbick. Firstly,anything can happen in professional cycling and secondly not to denigrate people who know more than you.

hfer07 said:
Purito is set to win the Vuelta-but as he said, he only needs a bad day and is over. OTOH I will not be disappointed at all if Alberto does not win it, because he has given everything & made the race so exciting to watch, that his podium place would look to me as an overall victory for his awaited return :)

As far as who would I like to win......hmmmm....This choice between those two is difficult for me, because I like them both a lot-Alberto for obvious reasons, but Purito too has that breed of class & toughness that make him an amazing rider-I've followed his career since the Caisse days, & always thought he needed to go alone & get his own glory elsewhere. He did & now he's set to get that GC title he was lacking...

I guess I wasn't that far off :):D

but I have to admit-I thought Purito had this one in his pocket-but once again history repeats itself :)

TRENDING THREADS