• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
To be fair, though, he does ride for Quick Step, who have super strong riders, but are renowned for underachieving due to their tactical idiocy (save for that edition of Omloop where they masterfully pulled the 1-2-3 card on Ian Stannard). Kind of the reverse of Jumbo-Visma.
You say that, but they completely messed up E3 the other week with 3 or 4 riders in the front. Ended up the last riders in the group after Naesen attacked on the Tiegemberg.

Reactions: RedheadDane
Marc McNulty could do better if not alone. The one that left him last saw the race through the eyes of a "friend".
"Friend" gifted a win. Nice.
I was almost right about JV Harper, he was still 2. Gooood!
Green Ninja Turtle legend goes on.
I'm just happy.
Paris-Roubaix - heavy snow storm ahead, riders can use skies if needed.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Just a quick run-down of the ten biggest favourites for tomorrow's P-R!

Rolf Järmann. (Obviously a future Bora rider, once he changes his nationality to German.)
Antonio Martos.
Iñigo Cuesta.
Jan Janssen.
Win Van Est.
Henk Lubberding.
Alfons Schepers.
Marcel Bidot.
Victor Campenaerts.
Tom Van Asbroeck.

Did I just use a random number generator on the All Time ranking on PCS? You bet I did! :cool:

Just a quick run-down of the ten biggest favourites for tomorrow's P-R!

Rolf Järmann. (Obviously a future Bora rider, once he changes his nationality to German.)
Antonio Martos.
Iñigo Cuesta.
Jan Janssen.
Win Van Est.
Henk Lubberding.
Alfons Schepers.
Marcel Bidot.
Victor Campenaerts.
Tom Van Asbroeck.

Did I just use a random number generator on the All Time ranking on PCS? You bet I did!:cool:
I think Ruslan Pidgornny has a chance as well.

We have had quite bad weather today in Paris. I can't believe we are so close to witnessing Paris Roubaix in the rain.

ifkivlvzeronpdfkpsuu.gif

That was so sneaky of Quickstep to say Remco's first race was the Giro when he's 17 minutes ahead of what's left of the peloton which has all seven Intermarche riders at the front trying to chase him down.
I think you’re on to something—Intermarche should have gone to start line this morning -and “raced” PR, saying the never got the message about the race being postponed, and claim that they swept the podium. Everyone in pro cycling laughs at them, but they take it court and the judge rules that not allowing them a win at Roubaix costs them the chance to win the prestigious Last WT Team to Get a Win title, which in doing so would cause undue psychological duress on the Intermarche riders, managers, and fans. Thus the judge grants them the win, and orders UCI to pay their attorney fees.

I think you’re on to something—Intermarche should have gone to start line this morning -and “raced” PR, saying the never got the message about the race being postponed, and claim that they swept the podium. Everyone in pro cycling laughs at them, but they take it court and the judge rules that not allowing them a win at Roubaix costs them the chance to win the prestigious Last WT Team to Get a Win title, which in doing so would cause undue psychological duress on the Intermarche riders, managers, and fans. Thus the judge grants them the win, and orders UCI to pay their attorney fees.

If they had a Henning Primdahl like character as their manager, such an opportunity would never had slipped through their fingers.

Reactions: Sciatic

TRENDING THREADS