• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Page 24 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dear reader of this forum (I will call you mr Truman):
Paris-Roubaix was ridden this afternoon. You are part of an experiment and the whole society worked conspired so you would believe Paris-Roubaix was postponed. In this way, we watched through hidden cams how the average joe - cycling fan behaves when their is no race on TV. As it didn't result in great television (you were lying on the sofa the whole day, depressed and drinking beers - TV ratings were at an all-time low), we as producers decided to stop the show after only one episode.

Now that the experiment is over, you can watch the race by clicking on this LINK

Another New rule from UCI!
First valid for all in propeloton (riders and DS's) and for all newbes after.
Make a short recording with your own voice: "My name is...., but my friends call me...."
Not mandatory: "My Mom calls me...."
All those following the rule will be called with their right name even in other countries!

Last edited:
Pidders?!
Here maybe they are called "Vosu" but in a positive way and not by close friends.
Vosu = dialect for Osel = Donkey, but not as an animal,... Hard to translate in the right way. It can be "stupid", but also "I admire you a lot".
But I was thinking more about real names and how to pronounce them.
On ES they now know that JV is really not Harper, but do they pronounce his surname right?
On the other hand - name one Mom, who calls her son Pidders?
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Then you can't post it here, I'm afraid.
[/QUOTE] from Tobydawq.
We are named liers only because of you - old name was better.
And it is the new rule.
Only to make normal conversation possible in post covid world when Slovenian and Dane fans meet on Croatian beach with a beer.
:)

Does anyone else have fond memories of Libertine Seguros's favorite team, Team Telekom and their successors with Ullrich winning the TdF from 96-06 and then followed up with Cavendish amassing 80 GT stage wins from 07-17. Truly a dominating team.

I remember it well. That horrible huge gear that Ullrich churned out is forever etched in my mind.

And all we were left to do, was to dream that someone else would come along and save us, who had a faster cadence ;)

I remember it well. That horrible huge gear that Ullrich churned out is forever etched in my mind.

And all we were left to do, was to dream that someone else would come along and save us, who had a faster cadence ;)
The only one that could beat Der Kaiser was Klöden but alas, he rode in support of him finishing 2nd numerous times with wins in the Giro and Vuelta as well before finally winning in 07 and doing the Giro-Vuelta double in 08. Truly dominating that Sky/Ineos and Jumbo would hope to accomplish.

Also who can forget The Condor of Varsseveld and the injury free career he had dominating TGBM and Krushweak as the best dutchman.

Reactions: gregrowlerson
The only one that could beat Der Kaiser was Klöden but alas, he rode in support of him finishing 2nd numerous times with wins in the Giro and Vuelta as well before finally winning in 07 and doing the Giro-Vuelta double in 08. Truly dominating that Sky/Ineos and Jumbo would hope to accomplish.

Also who can forget The Condor of Varsseveld and the injury free career he had dominating TGBM and Krushweak as the best dutchman.

I think we need our own thread. We've gone beyond this one!

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I think we need our own thread. We've gone beyond this one!
I'm down to tell history as it played out. Who can forget Kloden's stage victory over Armstrong and beating Weening by 5 bike lengths when they started their sprint at 150m to go. Not to mention his countless TT wins and showing Costa the business in 2011. Was racking up stage wins in the GTs.

I'm down to tell history as it played out. Who can forget Kloden's stage victory over Armstrong and beating Weening by 5 bike lengths when they started their sprint at 150m to go. Not to mention his countless TT wins and showing Costa the business in 2011. Was racking up stage wins in the GTs.

Yep, Klödi never lost a sprint, as we all know. Samu can attest to that.

Today I drove Primoz back to the Netherlands. In the beginning it was a bit weird, with the whole situation... but then we both got more relaxed, and chatted quite a bit. We talked about the last Tour ("I always thought Planche des Belles Filles had a cruel story", he said), the coming one ("for now I am focused on the Ardennes, but then I'm going to be in for the Tour 100%. I'm programmed that way"), Amstel ("it would have been really nice if Hodeg would have been there, too"), his family life (I didn't really know what to speak to him about except for cycling, but I thought that's a topic everyone likes to talk about), and then he started to become quite open and even told me his favourite album is "Riders in the Hills of Dying Heaven" by Campdogzz, and his favourite song from this album is "Winnin". Well, who would have thought!
He's a really nice and very polite person! He completely forgave me for accidentally kidnapping him ("no big deal, I actually don't need sleep or preparation anyway, that's just for the press"), said I could still become a successfull pro rider, after all I'm even younger than Annemiek, only would have to lose a few kilos. :kissingheart: He also said he enjoyed the ride ("of course I can do these things on my own, but it's very pleasant when somebody delivers you were you need to be and then you just jump"), and in the end he even gave me his number so we could talk more about that long term project we started to plan, a cycling race from Slovenia to Germany. Of course we drifted a bit into fantasy land there and I'm not sure whether he really meant it and if I should call him some time or just leave him alone. :confused2:
Anyway, like I said, a really nice person!! I've become quite a fan.
He's surprisingly vain though, repeatedly asked me if I thought Tadej's haircut looked better than his (I denied) and whether I really think he looks like a young dog.
At the border Wout picked him up, he had a cross bike with him and said they would be taking turns, one rides, the other one runs along. :openmouth: Said everyone was doing cross now in preparation for races.
Such model athletes! :hearteyes:

TRENDING THREADS