• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

37° Volta ao Algarve 2011 (708k) Feb 16 to 20

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
ingsve said:
Perhaps, though from what I have seen he is liable to be someone who goes in one of those 200km breaks during the monuments.

Not really talking about the momuments. I actually meant races like "Kuurne-Brussel-Kuurne", "Dwars door Vlaanderen" or a stage in the "Driedaagse van De Panne".

ingsve said:
Hmm, looks like Kreuziger isn't in his best time trial shape at the moment unless something happened to him. 55th place 1.46 after Martin is not something that put fear into his opponents for the Giro.

hi. where did you find oficial results? thanks...

ingsve said:
Hmm, looks like Kreuziger isn't in his best time trial shape at the moment unless something happened to him. 55th place 1.46 after Martin is not something that put fear into his opponents for the Giro.

He had problems with his bike, he had to change it 5 km short of the finish. He said he lost about 25 seconds and also after the change he lost concentration and rhythm.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
That's only if you haven't followed the natural progression of guys like Westra and Poels. The Beast of Frisia has always been a powerhouse on the flat time trial.

exatcly. westra has always been a super natural talent but drugs and alcohol abuse turned him away from cycling, so he naturally has lots of progression to make. he was a beast in youth category's before he foudn his different live and now changed back

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
sighs... I'm late to the party... yesterday was really busy... ok here we go...

Tony Martin!!!! Well everybody was expecting that right?

Hey but Westra is kinda surprising... awesome TT and 3rd in the podium? that sounds awesome... Vancansoleil and the dutchies in general are in an awesome form this year... getting results and doing really well!

Also I'm quite happy for TVG... He did great in this race, also HTC 1 - 2... congratz...

Alberto 4th... :( I was expecting podium for him... but is Ok.. Did you know that this is his second time that He has finished outside the podium in an stage race since 2007? the other time was in P-N in 2009 with his crazy attack... but anyway... all we know the reason...

If thats true (2 non podiums in 3 years) then Contador is even greater than i thought. We are witnessing 1 of the all time greats. And im not just talking about another great rider which every generation has - s Antequil 60's Indurain 90's Lance 2000's. Im talking about someone to challenge Hinault and Coppi and Kelly for 2nd GOAT.