• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

38th Vuelta a San Juan Internacional (2.1) // 26th of January - 2nd of February 2020

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Meanwhile in the tabloids of Daily Mail:
There we go again. Last year we had a gold digger, this year an attention whore. What will we get next year? A streaker who sues a cyclist that looked at her when she crossed the road?

Last edited:
There we go again. Last year we had a gold digger, this year an attention whore. What will we get next year? A streaker who sues a cyclist that looked at her when she crossed the road?
Inappropriate behavior last year. Gold digger? As if she knew Keisse would act like that.
Inappopriate comments this year.

I hate to add fuel to this fire that you look to be, but these things should be called out. If you are looking for validation about your feelings on 'attention whores' and 'gold diggers' there are plenty of websites where people will gladly nod along with you.

I see you edited your post. Thanks for that, I actually thought the "nonsense" you were referring to was Spoormaker's comment.
It's not being an attention whore to wear a tank top when it's 40 degrees celsius. It's… quite normal.

---
Anyway, three-man group with just around a minute to the peloton. Around 90 K to go.

Reactions: Koronin
Inappropriate behavior last year. Gold digger? As if she knew Keisse would act like that.
Inappopriate comments this year.

I hate to add fuel to this fire that you look to be, but these things should be called out. If you are looking for validation about your feelings on 'attention whores' and 'gold diggers' there are plenty of websites where people will gladly nod along with you.
I see you edited your post. Thanks for that, I actually thought the "nonsense" you were referring to was Spoormaker's comment.
It's not being an attention whore to wear a tank top when it's 40 degrees celsius. It's… quite normal.

---
Anyway, three-man group with just around a minute to the peloton. Around 90 K to go.

Not looking for attention at all :)

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...PSR1DzmPIAy0ZExm8A&vet=1&docid=7OXjeFuCZvAz7M

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
I certainly hope that Oscar Sevilla faces the same level of scrutiny as Chris Horner did after the 2013 Vuelta. Chris was what, almost 42 when he won?
When I saw Sevilla's name on the results I had to look and see if it was the same guy from the 90's.

Last edited:
I certainly hope that Oscar Sevilla faces the same level of scrutiny as Chris Horner did after the Vuelta. Chris was what, almost 42 when he won?
When I saw Sevilla's name on the results I had to look and see if it was the same guy from the 90's.
There's a difference between reaching the podium in San Juan or winning the Vuelta against Nibali at his peak.

I certainly hope that Oscar Sevilla faces the same level of scrutiny as Chris Horner did after the 2013 Vuelta. Chris was what, almost 42 when he won?
I won't argue that he could be doing something wrong, however La Vuelta a España does not compare to San Juan.
Even when Sevilla goes to Tour Colombia in the last 2 years he is not the same against the best Colombian climbers.

Reactions: Koronin
The level of competition at San Juan isn't even what it the level is at Tour of Colombia let alone the level of la Vuelta. For that matter I doubt Sevilla would be beating the rider Bora and Movistar took to Mallorca either. (On the other hand, if he were in Mallorca Valverde wouldn't be the oldest rider at that set of races. LOL)

TRENDING THREADS