• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

38th Vuelta a San Juan Internacional (2.1) // 26th of January - 2nd of February 2020

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Race commissaires have stated that at the end of the 8th local lap, the time differences for GC will be recorded, and the last lap is just to decide the stage winner and to greet the overall winner of the Vuelta a San Juan... according to Eurosport commentators. That means Evenepoel will know whether he wins 15k from the finish.

But is that going to increase the risk of crashing?
I think they really want Evenepoel to win (not kidding), and not have another stage 1 situation on their hands.
As for the temperature, those numbers aren't healthy for high intensity efforts, and that way riders can chose to participate or not, without consequences (i guess?).

Apparently: Extreme weather protocol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joelsim
I think they really want Evenepoel to win (not kidding), and not have another stage 1 situation on their hands.
As for the temperature, those numbers aren't healthy for high intensity efforts, and that way riders can chose to participate or not, without consequences (i guess?).

Apparently: Extreme weather protocol.
Evenepoel wins Vuelta a San Juan.

1 lap to go.
He still has to cross the finish line :)

It's been interesting, but it's not yet clear to me whether he can compete with climbers on steeper hills. Algarve will give us more information.

You may want take your sarcasm detector in for service. :D

Well, someone - either christoperrowe or the race organisation - were bit late with posting this. If it was the former, then I'm a bit confused about the sarcasm at play. If it was the latter, then… I guess it was a sarcastic re-post... (can I... play the autism card here?)
Otoh, if it is actually for volunteers for race moto drivers (though, they seemed to have plenty of motos…) then maybe having to volunteer a year in advance isn't that unreasonable…

Well, someone - either christoperrowe or the race organisation - were bit late with posting this. If it was the former, then I'm a bit confused about the sarcasm at play. If it was the latter, then… I guess it was a sarcastic re-post... (can I... play the autism card here?)
Otoh, if it is actually for volunteers for race moto drivers (though, they seemed to have plenty of motos…) then maybe having to volunteer a year in advance isn't that unreasonable…
No need to play any cards, unless it's the me being late card. I just spent an hour or two rewatching highlights and key moments of last week's racing and the hilarious excess of motos (and the fact that so many of them seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever) just jumped out at me again. Esprit d'escalier, in other words.

Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS