• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

40th Giro del Trentino 19.04 - 22.04

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

HelloDolly said:
where and what is up with Konig & Inxtausti ?? Are they training ...will they be back

Intxausti has mono and Konig has been injured. Neither will be back for the Giro so when you add in the Henao suspension it's a disaster for Landa.

Roche and Seb Henao won't be among the top 20 climbers at the Giro so that's not much use. Either Nieve or Poels (or both) need to be moved to the Giro squad.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
ppanther92 said:
Konrad, woud have been a nice win. He even had Buchmann, they should have chased hard as Konrad has a very good sprint, but anyway nice result for Bora-Argon.
It looked like Konrad had some problems to stay with the best and Buchmann was almost taken out by Landa, but yeah, Buchmann should have worked for Konrad who's known to have a pretty good sprint.

Yeah, i saw the race and Konrad looked at his limits, but i think he was the best sprinter in the group.

Mayomaniac said:
It looked like Konrad had some problems to stay with the best and Buchmann was almost taken out by Landa, but yeah, Buchmann should have worked for Konrad who's known to have a pretty good sprint.
Buchmann was actually working at one point during the descent but I think all the attacks made it impossible to control. Ag2r couldn't do it as well and not simply for tactical mistakes: Pozzovivo was clearly cooked.

JRanton said:
HelloDolly said:
where and what is up with Konig & Inxtausti ?? Are they training ...will they be back

Intxausti has mono and Konig has been injured. Neither will be back for the Giro so when you add in the Henao suspension it's a disaster for Landa.

Roche and Seb Henao won't be among the top 20 climbers at the Giro so that's not much use. Either Nieve or Poels (or both) need to be moved to the Giro squad.

Thnaks for answering
First question ...Will Konig and Intxausti be good for the Tour ? Cos if so then could swap some riders otherwise won't happen

Nieve won;t ride Giro as resigned with the proviso he will ride the Tour ... so it would have to be Poles which would be a loss to Froome in final week

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

JRanton said:
HelloDolly said:

Seb Henao was 8th on the 2 hardest stages of the 2014 Giro (Stelviogate and the MTT), his first GT, when he was the youngest rider in the race, he should be pretty strong in the high mountains at the end of the 2nd week and in the 3rd week. Roche is a great domestique for the medium mountain stages.
Back to Trentino, what happened to Hugh Carthy? I expected more from him.

Mayomaniac said:
JRanton said:
HelloDolly said:

Seb Henao was 8th on the 2 hardest stages of the 2014 Giro (Stelviogate and the MTT), his first GT, when he was the youngest rider in the race, he should be pretty strong in the high mountains at the end of the 2nd week and in the 3rd week. Roche is a great domestique for the medium mountain stages.
Hugh Carthy crashed before the final climb.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Vasilis said:
Mayomaniac said:
JRanton said:
HelloDolly said:

Hugh Carthy crashed before the final climb.
Ok, thanks for the quick reply.

Mayomaniac said:
JRanton said:
HelloDolly said:

Roche can be good if he gets any climbing form ...but usually only when he drops 2/3 kilos and usually after riding the Tour but maybe going well at momnet ...appears to be

Bit of a disaster for SKY...going from multiple riders to chose from to now having lots out of play

Kwibus said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kwibus said:
Valv.Piti said:
Too bad their aren't any MTF's in this race, woulda liked to watch Landa put 1 minute into everyone....

Holy this guy.

Why doesn't he ride off now if it's so easy?

Probably because he didnt wanna risk anything in a warm up race.

Did we watch the same race? Landa was by far the strongest yesterday and again today

I didn't watch it at all, but I always smile when I read comments like this.
As if someone is freewheeling a bit, but doesn't attack because that would be too easy.

Funny that you needed to single me out out of 10 then, I think its pretty obvious judged by the comments that he was stronger than everybody else. And not just a bit ;)

I also smile when people try to act smarter than others when they didnt even watched the race...

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Lexman said:
AG2R facepalm, they'e 3 in the group no one jumps with Kangert or tries to get him back
I think they would if they could, but Peraud who looked strongest of them was done and the other two were obviously glad to hang no...

HelloDolly said:
Mayomaniac said:
JRanton said:
HelloDolly said:

Roche can be good if he gets any climbing form ...but usually only when he drops 2/3 kilos and usually after riding the Tour but maybe going well at momnet ...appears to be

Bit of a disaster for SKY...going from multiple riders to chose from to now having lots out of play

Feels like the 2014 season.

Kokoso said:
Mayomaniac said:
Roche is a great domestique for the medium mountain stages.
I remember last years Tour - he was almost useless.

You mustn't know very much about cycling then....he filled every day on every stage
on the day of the cobbles when Stannard and Rowe went MIA and spent all day positioning Froome & Thomas at front on to every cobbles section
Then spent the day in crosswinds creating the gap before he crashed
Was there on very stage even last mountian stage when Konig did nothing and Kennaugh had gone home
Even did most of the work early on TTT but hung on when Poels & Kennaugh blew

Beign good isn't just turning up a few times and pulling at the front...though he wasn't there at end of mountains but SKY did tell him where they wanted him to be and to put on weight so he could be a filler in all stages for all riders

Guess if you don't know how a team works then you only see the climbers at the end

Valv.Piti said:
Kwibus said:
Valv.Piti said:
Kwibus said:
Valv.Piti said:
Too bad their aren't any MTF's in this race, woulda liked to watch Landa put 1 minute into everyone....

Holy this guy.

Why doesn't he ride off now if it's so easy?

Probably because he didnt wanna risk anything in a warm up race.

Did we watch the same race? Landa was by far the strongest yesterday and again today

I didn't watch it at all, but I always smile when I read comments like this.
As if someone is freewheeling a bit, but doesn't attack because that would be too easy.

Funny that you needed to single me out out of 10 then, I think its pretty obvious judged by the comments that he was stronger than everybody else. And not just a bit ;)

I also smile when people try to act smarter than others when they didnt even watched the race...

That's par for the course on this forum. I find it astounding comment on race threads when they don't watch the stage/race. The aim is too add value on forums.

HelloDolly said:
Kokoso said:
Mayomaniac said:

You mustn't know very much about cycling then....he filled every day on every stage
on the day of the cobbles when Stannard and Rowe went MIA and spent all day positioning Froome & Thomas at front on to every cobbles section
Was there on very stage even last mountian stage when Konig did nothing and Kennaugh had gone home

Beign good isn't just turning up a few times and pulling at the front...though he wasn't there at end of mountains but SKY did tell him where they wanted him to be and to put on weight so he could be a filler in all stages for all riders

Guess if you don't know how a team works then you only see the climbers at the end

Yes, I agree with that. Roche at last year's Tour was a bit like the holding midfielder in football who many fans don't notice but without him the team would have really struggled at times. Rowe really struggled in the first week of last year's Tour and now that I've seen that neither Kiryienka or Puccio are listed for the Giro I think both him and Stannard are far from certain to ride the Tour. Both Kiri and Puccio are far more versatile than those two.

Still, the point is that Landa needs someone for the high mountains. Roche doesn't fill that role.

Still, the point is that Landa needs someone for the high mountains. Roche doesn't fill that role.

I agree he doesn't appear to fill the role in the high mountains but he seems to have lost weight and maybe he won't be too bad there ....with Boswell and Seb Heano

Keeping Landa out of trouble and well positioned on to the climbs is just as important ...also making sure he loses no time in crosswinds, rolling terraine , etc is very important

Afterall it is usually the best climbers at the very end anyways man o man ....and Landa is good on the climbs against Valverde & Nibali

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Kokoso said:
Mayomaniac said:

In the context - useless in the mountains and hills :eek: He may have worked hard elsewhere, but not where he was supposed to.
Edit: I know s**t about cycling.

In the context - useless in the mountains and hills :eek: He may have worked hard elsewhere, but not where he was supposed to.

But the point was he was told to put on weight to work hard elsewhere ...so hard to disagree or agree re the point really about where he was supposed to be
The thing is unless Froome gives up Poels there is no other alternative

Re:

HelloDolly said:

But the point was he was told to put on weight to work hard elsewhere ...so hard to disagree or agree re the point really about where he was supposed to be
The thing is unless Froome gives up Poels there is no other alternative
Mikel Nieve?

TRENDING THREADS