• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

42nd Vuelta a Burgos (2.PRO) // July 28th - August 1st 2020

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Eb78es7UcAAHCIK

In case Mas, Valverde & Soler weren't official yet:

I thought it was official when it was announced at that zoom press conference they did a few weeks ago. If that wasn't fully official, then yeah, it's definitely official now. I wouldn't actually expect a lot from Soler as his big goal is going to be the Giro so he should be doing a slower buildup than Mas. Mas' big goal is the Tour. Valverde is Valverde.

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I wrote a preview. Hopefully google translate can do the job!

First chance to see what level everyone is at. I suspect the guys going to/targeting the Giro should be behind the guys targeting the Tour.
Quite some riders who are riding the Giro have Il Lombardia as their first real goal though (Nibali, Evenepoel, Fuglsang,...). And I guess most Tour riders are trying to peak to the last week of the Tour. So I'm not sure if your statement is necessarily true.

Last edited:
Quite some riders who are riding the Giro have Il Lombardia as their first real goal though (Nibali, Evenepoel, Fuglsang,...). And I guess most Tour riders are trying to peak to the last week of the Tour. So I'm not sure if your statement is necessarrily true.
Plus, there’s no guarantee racing will still be on by the time the Giro comes around, so some Riders may want to get after it while the “getting is good.”

Will the race be broadcasted on Eurosport?
Didn´t find it on their website yet..

I don't think ES has broadcasted Burgos in recent times. But it's usually available online (both live and archived) without restriction from La 8 Burgos (YouTube) and Teledeporte (rtve.es).

Edit to add: I should have thought to check the race website first! No ES but wider international coverage than I expected. A few are subscription-only broadcasters so georestrictions might apply to the free sites. La 8 Burgos is part of CyLtv. https://www.vueltaburgos.com/es/emision/

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS