• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

42nd Vuelta a Burgos (2.PRO) // July 28th - August 1st 2020

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Will George Bennett live up to the, eh, my, expectations?
Will Simon Yates show Evenepoel how it's done?
Will Gaudu use the opportunity to show himself as a team leader?
Will Lennard Kämna win this?

What are your expectations apart from Evenepoel ruling?
Will the contenders really test themselves to see where they stand in the hierarchy? Or is this too much of a Giro's men's race and a soft re-start into the season for them?

Reactions: Sandisfan
Will George Bennett live up to the, eh, my, expectations?
Will Simon Yates show Evenepoel how it's done?
Will Gaudu use the opportunity to show himself as a team leader?
Will Lennard Kämna win this?

What are your expectations apart from Evenepoel ruling?
Will the contenders really test themselves to see where they stand in the hierarchy? Or is this too much of a Giro's men's race and a soft re-start into the season for them?

Well Mitchelton Scott is sending a grand tour type line up - S.Yates, Nieve, Haig, Hamilton, Juul-Jensen, Edmondson and Chaves.

iirc he made the most impressive crash in the rain last year in the u23 WCC ITT.

He also won a nice stage in Tour de l'Avenir. Has been a known talent for years. I'm not sure what to expect yet though.

I have been watching his strava at high altitude training in Livigno.Absolutely smashed KOM on Passo Foscagno and did very good times on Gavia and Mortirolo. Not sure how will that measure against pros in stage race but he is flying and will be watching him on the moutain top finishes,cant wait

Quintana not on the list? Because he had to rest and just came back from Colombia??
Okay, I'd put it like this:

**** Quintana, Evenepoel, Yates
*** Landa, Kämna
** Bennett, Kuss
* Carapaz, Majka, Sosa, Valverde, Soler

Bennett and Kuss ahead of Carapaz or Valverde because they need to be in terms of training. I guess it depends a lot on how everyone times their peaks. The Giro guys should not be at their best, yet, but it's hard to imagine Yates and Evenepoel not being in competition for the win.
Would be nice if someone like Chaves, Bagioli or Ardila surprised.

I'm really excited! :shortcake:

Quintana not on the list? Because he had to rest and just came back from Colombia??

*** Landa, Kämna
** Bennett, Kuss

Bennett and Kuss ahead of Carapaz or Valverde because they need to be in terms of training. I guess it depends a lot on how everyone times their peaks. The Giro guys should not be at their best, yet, but it's hard to imagine Yates and Evenepoel not being in competition for the win.

I don't think the course suits Kamna that much and would be surprised to even see him finish Top 10.

*** Landa, Kämna
** Bennett, Kuss

Arkea and Quintana is not starting the race as the team did not get a wildcard

**** *: Ivan Sosa
****: Mikel Landa, Richard Carapaz
***: Remco Evenepoel, David Gaudu, Alejandro Valverde
**: Simon Yates, George Bennett, Jack Haig, Camilo Ardila
*: Fabio Aru, Enric Mas, Rafal Majka, Esteban Chaves, Ruben Fernandez

My view is that South Americans should do better given they've spent the last god knows how many weeks at altitude, whereas most of the rest were stuck at relative sea level. Some (Landa, Valverde, Ardila e.g.) should also be further in their schedule given the Tour and l'Avenir are mere weeks away.

TRENDING THREADS