• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

42nd Vuelta a Burgos (2.PRO) // July 28th - August 1st 2020

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I don't know who is to blame when riders make silly mistakes, the coach or the riders.

• Why was Mitchelton working for Evenepoel
  • Why did Evenepoel attacked at the end dropping his teammate. LOL.

Landa could have played better tactically but he has bigger fish to fry later. So he was probably flexing his muscles.

Reactions: SafeBet
Just a little bit surprised to see Evenepoel struggling to match all the grinding after his exploits during the first and third stage, but I suppose the form needs some time time to get steady.
Landa, on the other hand, looked better but pretty much inside the frame set 2 days ago.
Chaves seems to be relying on the feel more than on the numbers. Very similar performance to the day before yesterday.
Such a shame Sosa wasn't in the mix on Picon Blanco, but his form's there with the rest.
Almeida looks like a strong tactical option as well as a lieutenant.

Not everybody will be equally satisfied after this opening race.
But everybody can be satisfied the racing continued and there are some guidelines for the coming weeks.

Rewatching the final climb...

I think Kuss could have won it, i don't understand why he had to drag Bennett's ass up the hill for a 5th place in GC, as if this were the Tour de France. As a team, surely you'd rather have a 7th place in GC and a stage win, than a 5th spot in GC without a stagewin?
Sosa didn't once hit the front until his jump at 650 meters from the line.
I think this "defeat" will be a good thing for Evenepoel in the short term. On a climb like this, Sosa is a real benchmark.

Why does Kuss need to wait for Bennett in a situation like this? MTF on the last stage of a one-week race? Just let him race, man, Bennett was beyond saving and a 5th versus 7th GC spot for him is pretty irrelevant...

I think Kuss could have won it, i don't understand why he had to drag Bennett's ass up the hill for a 5th place in GC, as if this were the Tour de France. As a team, surely you'd rather have a 7th place in GC and a stage win, than a 5th spot in GC without a stagewin?

Great minds think alike ;)

I doubt he could have won, though, but it's ridiculous that he couldn't try.

TRENDING THREADS