• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

455 visits to my profile...

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
You know Krebs, you are part of the 3-2009 club, if not the more exclusive 3-10-09 club. That's not too bad.

Still trying to figure out just how the Spanish Badass (ElChingon) was able to register a day before the rest of us.

Here is the true #1 member, "Operations". A person deep in the Matrix, arriving on 2-27-09, whose true identity is known only to a very few, such as Tsar Dan, who himself didn't arrive until 3-2-09.

thehilrun said:
Hey y'all
I'd say welcome to the forum, but it looks like you've been here quite a while!

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Came in to edit my profile and find a bunch of posers preening their feathers !

How does one get friends around here and what benefit is it to have the most posts,best post to view ratio and longest time on the forum ?

Am i missing out on some prize ?

Had to laugh about the lurker , no visibility and he walks away with the stumps !

Game over me thinks (anyone who can top that ratio?) !

skippy said:
Came in to edit my profile and find a bunch of posers preening their feathers !
Nah, we're really just like a bunch of kids playing marbles in the school yard. All the posing is just for fun. It's probably sane to think this is a bunch of nonsense. Like ACF94 breaking the 10,000 post mark. With it came some praise, plenty of ribbing, and laughs.

How does one get friends around here and what benefit is it to have the most posts, best post to view ratio and longest time on the forum ? Am i missing out on some prize ?
No prizes. All in silly fun. Though if you have the numbers you can come back in here and stick your tongue out too.

The way you get friends is simply to click on someone's name, visit their profile, and on the right side is a list of their friends and a bit of text saying "befriend ____". I tossed you one to get you started. Accept or ignore at your wish (or peril! :p)

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Captain_Cavman said:
I assume the views are from Search Engine Bots. If you type in your user name and 'Senior Member' into google, it will come up with your profile. I'd guess therefore that the number of views would be proportional to the length of time registered.

I was thinking about this, but there doesn't seem to be a linear relationship between membership duration and profile visits, at least by the numbers listed in this thread.

Also, why would a bot randomly search for forum user names?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Rip:30 said:
I was thinking about this, but there doesn't seem to be a linear relationship between membership duration and profile visits, at least by the numbers listed in this thread.

Also, why would a bot randomly search for forum user names?

Well if you are a certain investigator looking for information leading to the arrest of a certain famous person and there are cookie's and history links to this forum, well you might want to find out more about the poster in question :D

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
what he said

ElChingon said:
Well if you are a certain investigator looking for information leading to the arrest of a certain famous person and there are cookie's and history links to this forum, well you might want to find out more about the poster in question :D

6fttw9.jpg

ElChingon said:

Nope, Race Radio only has 5.8 kilos of visits to his 4.8 kilos of postings - so that's not it...

haven't seen this thread for a while...for some reason I find it intriguing..so simple, quite social, and no answers that seem logical.

I am still batting way low in the visit/post department. I think the whole numbers hoopla is WAY overrated and MAY be totally random and at the mercy of some crazy software glitch. :confused: :) :cool:

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
The really odd way to look at it is visits per post. I have had almost twice as many visits to my profile as I have made posts. Does this mean every time I post I piss off 2 people who come looking for me?

I think it means only 2 people are reading your posts. Both might be the same person who posts at thehog most of the time.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
fwiw: I've noticed the obvious females posting to the forum (except that susan character), get a clobbering amount of visitors to posts ratio.

Wow. time to check up on some of these enigmatic numbers...
I continue, nevertheless, to be the most ignored profile on the forum I guess~!
I refer to my meager 150 +- visits....??? wtf

is there a rhyme or reason for the counts? :confused:

craig1985 must be the most visits of all!:cool: