• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

62° Giro della Provincia di Reggio - Challenge Calabria 11-12 Feb 2012

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Michele said:
Id like to see him at some Classics as well.

I would also but don't think it will happen as he's on the track and is very good in the omnium (gets podium nearly every time) and should qualify for olympics as a result.
Though there may be a problem with the fact that he needs his country to qualify or something that i have'nt figured out (as think if he wants to do omnium he also needs to do the team pursuit with italy) so we may be seeing him.

Libertine Seguros said:
I didn't know it was possible to disagree with somebody as vehemently as I do right now.

Italy has probably the best TV and ticker coverage for its domestic scene, or has had in recent years. If even they can't sustain it, then the sport is looking at going down the toilet in those countries that it's going to need when the whole globalisation drive results in the inevitable segregation of haves and have nots, and the races end up like F1 events, with no fans in government-sponsored white elephants serving up sterile racing while the soul of the sport lies in club racing and lower tier events that have been orphaned from the top echelon that they're supposed to be building people up for.

Do you expect the coverage to get better moving forward?

TRENDING THREADS