• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

64a Vuelta a Colombia - Supérate Intercolegiados 2014

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Good TV broadcast tonight. They put many cameras on the climb that they can follow riders for a couple of Kms. A contrast to the coverage in the other stages

Nice roads as well (I haven't been there in 4 years)

I don't like the commercial breaks, though.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
What a fight for GC. Just 2 seconds between Camargo and Sevilla before the final stage. Sevilla wil ofcourse do everything to get that jersey, and he's quick in this field so Camargo should take care in the sprint too. I hope the latter can hold on, because this race has to be won by a Colombian.

I'd say that Rubiano wouldn't hold his jersey, but losing 6 minutes is a lot. Really good win by Gomez btw, and good perfomance by Moreno.

slosada said:
Good TV broadcast tonight. They put many cameras on the climb that they can follow riders for a couple of Kms. A contrast to the coverage in the other stages

the broadcast of the mountain time trial was always better than the rest. i remember the live of santa helena MTT won by infantino a few years back

i would love to find a full video of yesterday and calculate the time ascents. really spectacular climbers in this race. always.

General
1. SEVILLA, Oscar (EPM-UNE-AREA METROPOLITAN) 37:01:34
2. CAMARGO, Fernando (BOYACA SE ATREVE-LICIBOY) a 1
3. CAMACHO, Alexis (BOYACA SE ATREVE-LICIBOY) a 53
4. ORTEGA, Mauricio (AGTE AQUEÑO.LOT MLLIN.IDE) a 1:08
5. MONTAÑA, Fredy (MOVISTAR TEAM AMERICA) a 1:51
6. OSORIO, Danny (B.VALLE-SGIROS.RTRANS.I V) a 1:58
7. SOLIZ, Oscar MOVISTAR TEAM AMERICA) a 1:59
8. SUAREZ, Jua Pablo (EPM-UNE-AREA METROPOLITAN) a 2:12
9. PEÑA, Jose Flober (BOYACA SE ATREVE-LICIBOY) a 2:18
10. RUBIANO, Miguel (COL-COLOMBIA) a 3:23

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
+1.

We have to do something about the Vuelta. Even if it changes the identity we have to allow the best Colombians to win it.

If you want the best colombians to win it you need a bigger budget, more doping controls, less race days and a calendar spot in either march or october.

Won't happen.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
SergeDeM said:
If you want the best colombians to win it you need a bigger budget, more doping controls, less race days and a calendar spot in either march or october.

Won't happen.
you need less tt and more multi mountain stages

The debate is pretty useless when you realize that
- a Colombian win in this year's edition was already only a second away
- Sevilla by all accounts is already regarded as at least half-Colombian
- the passport of a rider shouldn't be of any importance at all

The best should win, not the best Colombian.

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
The debate is pretty useless when you realize that
- a Colombian win in this year's edition was already only a second away
- Sevilla by all accounts is already regarded as at least half-Colombian
- the passport of a rider shouldn't be of any importance at all

The best should win, not the best Colombian.

Very good points. I'm not against foreigners (or half-colombians) winning it. I only debate the reasons why the best colombians don't participate.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
SergeDeM said:
Very good points. I'm not against foreigners (or half-colombians) winning it. I only debate the reasons why the best colombians don't participate.

this. what many people don't seme to understand is that sevilla is more popular than any local colombian cyclist and more popular than almost all of the wt colombians except maybe quintana

TRENDING THREADS